Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 se
I was changing AC compressor on it couple days ago. After replacement AC compressor i got a BRAKE and BATTERY light on the dash. I filled out the brake fluid and changed the battery to check that. Nothing has changed. The battery is very dirty and old. smoke comes from battery. I don't think the reason is the alternator. What do you think guys?

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
6,880 Posts
While you were replacing the compressor, you may have disturbed/damaged the alternator wiring. Examine the wiring to the alternator for any damage. Test the charging system as follows: A properly working charging system puts out about 13.2 to 15.0 volts, but this is a general spec, and the factory service manual should be referenced for the correct charging system voltage specifications for a particular vehicle. A battery should have a static charge of 12.2-12.6 volts. If a battery is not good, the charging system may not be able to charge properly. If a vehicle is not charging properly and the battery is good, the first thing to do is to turn the ignition switch to the "ON" position without starting the engine and make sure the charging system warning light is operating.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts