Nissan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the transmission replaced and now the buttons on my steering wheel are not working. Please help me I need the cruse control to work foremost the other can come later. HELP!!!

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
If all the buttons wheel are out then you either have a bad clockspring (spiral cable) or the repair shop had the wheel apart for some reason and didn't plug the clockspring connector back in. The audio switches and cruise switches go to completely different places in the car, so if both don't work then the problem has to be in the steering column.

If it's only the cruise switches that don't work, you need to get the codes scanned. I doubt the repair shop would have tinkered with your brake pedal to affect the CC switch there, but there are a lot of "past" codes in both the engine and tranny that can disable the cruise until they're cleared with a scanner. Whoever did the repair may have simply caused a temporary error and neglected to clear the code. Just to be certain, the CC pedal switch is something you can check yourself. Stick your head up under the dash with a flashlight. There will be two switches attached to the brake pedal frame. The smaller switch (2 wires) is for the cruise, the larger one (4-wires) is for the brake lamps. They both just twist in and out, and they both need to be fully depressed when there's no foot on the brake. If either one is misadjusted and the button isn't depressed all the way, that may be your problem. Just twist counterclockwise and the switch will come loose in the hole, push it in until the button is completely depressed and then twist clockwise to lock it back in place.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.