Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Has anyone ever dissected the lock actuator case to repair a worn out motor? I'm trying to see if anyone knows the easiest way to break it apart. I plan on repairing the motor instead of replacing the whole actuator. It's for the driver's door. TIA

Attachments

·
Registered
367 Posts
It can be done, but it ain't easy without breaking anything. The real problem is, you'll need a replacement motor. The motors are basically "toy boat" types, crimped together with no access to the brushes. Locating a replacement won't be simple or easy. I rebuild parts all the time, especially bum shifters, but door actuators aren't generally worth the effort.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for responding. I thought about it for a few days and decided to order a new actuator from Rockauto. I can see myself having issues when putting it back together plus, it's more effect to source a new motor. Or to open up the motor to fix the brushes would be more work than it's worth. I just want to replace it and have it work for many more years. I don't intend on replacing the car anytime soon as I don't drive much anymore.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts