Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. I believe I have a stuck mode door motor/flap. Floor vents are always on, no matter the mode and air barely comes out anywhere else on the front. Both AC and heat.

2. Just had the AC condenser replaced because of a leak. I’m getting cooler air but only in the front, the back seems to not be as cool.

I’ve done the self diagnostic test for the auto climate control and no codes were shown.

Thoughts at all?

·
Registered
731 Posts
We don't see enough Quests for me to tell you if there are shortcuts, but the ESM says the HVAC Unit has to come out to change the Mode Servo. From the location, my guess is that the servo is obstructed by the support brackets on the steering crossmember and can't be removed without parting the crossmember from the HVAC. It may be possible to detach the crossmember without disconnecting the A/C and heater lines, but it will still be a very big job.

Rear air on most models comes only from the roof vents on cold and only from the floor vents on heat, so if your mode controls are stuck that probably explains the weak cold air in back.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From the repair manual I’m looking at it saying I just have to remove a few panels and it looks like the mode door motor should be accessible. Admittedly though, I’m probably a little over my head with this one.

So you're saying to mode selector on the front panel can affect the rear air flow?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Depends whether your rear is the "under the console" type or full independent rear air, I didn't check the SM for what types were used on an '07. But even with the independent type, the vents in the console won't be cooling if the front is stuck on "floor", so rear cooling will be compromised either way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts