Nissan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I'm new to the forum, but not new to Nissan. I live in the virgin islands and I have had a 2000 Nissan pathfinder for 5 years, and a 2007 Nissan Xterra (which is my current vehicle) for 7years. Hoping I could get some help with a cold start noise I'm having. Also thinking about changing the exhaust pipe because of poor design causing back pressure on one side of engine. So as soon as my wife gets home with the vehicle and it's cold enough, I'm hoping I can upload a video of the noise im experiencing.

·
Admin and Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,673 Posts
Hi guys. I'm new to the forum, but not new to Nissan. I live in the virgin islands and I have had a 2000 Nissan pathfinder for 5 years, and a 2007 Nissan Xterra (which is my current vehicle) for 7years. Hoping I could get some help with a cold start noise I'm having. Also thinking about changing the exhaust pipe because of poor design causing back pressure on one side of engine. So as soon as my wife gets home with the vehicle and it's cold enough, I'm hoping I can upload a video of the noise im experiencing.
The startup noise might be due to oil pressure issues or a worn timing chain assembly. You can check the pressure very easily by installing a temporary mechanical oil pressure gauge. You would remove the oil pressure sensor which is located next to the oil filter and install the mechanical oil pressure gauge in it's place; you may need to get an 1/8 BSPT to 1/8 NPT adapter to hook up the gauge.

With the engine fully warmed up, the pressure should be as follows:
idle - more than 14 psi
2000 RPM - more than 43 psi

What makes you think there is excessive exhaust back pressure one side of the engine and how did you determine that?

·
Admin and Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,673 Posts
Drivable and now engine stalls. It turns on but will not turnover.
First of all don't hijack an-other's thread. Start a new thread and specify vehicle model, year, engine, transmission. This way you might get better responses.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts