Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished rebuilding the front end of my 2007 Nissan Pathfinder after a minor collision and I have this one plug that I cannot figure out what it plugs into. Tried looking at all of the wiring diagrams online and nothing. The plug looks like it mounts on the vertical radiator support pillar where the hood latch is attached. Air bag sensor is on the same harness and is plugged in. I've attached a pic that shows a grey plug attached to some sort of relay. The grey plug is still there but nothing is attached now Beginning to think I lost it when I took it to the frame shop.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide me in identifying this plug and what is for.
IMG_20200715_184126585.jpg

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,224 Posts
Just finished rebuilding the front end of my 2007 Nissan Pathfinder after a minor collision and I have this one plug that I cannot figure out what it plugs into. Tried looking at all of the wiring diagrams online and nothing. The plug looks like it mounts on the vertical radiator support pillar where the hood latch is attached. Air bag sensor is on the same harness and is plugged in. I've attached a pic that shows a grey plug attached to some sort of relay. The grey plug is still there but nothing is attached now Beginning to think I lost it when I took it to the frame shop.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide me in identifying this plug and what is for.
View attachment 6861
Refrigerant pressure sensor connector?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Refrigerant pressure sensor connector?
Is that a guess Rogoman? Not sure how it would interface with the refrigerant especially since it doesn't seem to plug into anything within the AC system. It looks like it just plugs into some sort of relay or isolated connection.

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,224 Posts
At this point it's just a guess. I've looked in the FSM wiring charts but haven't found anything. If you've got fog lights, maybe a connector for a relay; again another guess. What manufacturers do on occasion is throw in extra wiring for an optional item; the purpose here is to reduce harness manufacturing costs and inventory. So in your case it may be a spare. If you can look at another Pathfinder to see if something is plugged to that connector.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Both connectors are for ambient temperature sensors. The black one is Ambient 1, which supplies temp input to the HVAC system. The gray is Ambient 2, which supplies temp data to the Compass module. If you don't have a compass/temp display in your rear view, that connector should be blind-plugged or sealed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts