Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The right rear jumpseat of my 2007 Frontier tends to flop down while driving or when I come to a stop (not hard stops either). Anyone else have this problem?

My feeling is Nissan put a weak spring in here (design problem), or is it just mine?

Any input appreciated.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am having the same problem. Tempted to go back to dealer.

·
Registered
737 Posts
There is a dealer fix for it, but I forget the TSB#. You can search old posts here for the information. There is also a simple fix that you can do yourself with rubber washers or just remove the child seat extension, again search old posts here. I just use the seat belt myself. Z

·
Registered
315 Posts
The right rear jumpseat of my 2007 Frontier tends to flop down while driving or when I come to a stop (not hard stops either). Anyone else have this problem?

My feeling is Nissan put a weak spring in here (design problem), or is it just mine?

Any input appreciated.
There is no spring in the rear jump seat. Flip the bottom seat up. Along the bottom there is a plastic trim piece, it is a cover. Pull it out, it snaps back in place when reinstalling. When you remove the cover, you will see the head of a 10mm bolt about center of the opening. Remove it and then pull up the back rest of the seat until its out. Flip the lower seat down, now you can remove the lower seat assembly. One bolt in each corner, I believe its a 12 or 14mm bolt head. Once you get the lower seat assembly out, remove the T40 torx bolt where it pivots, slide the nylon bushing off and put a flat washer on and then reinstall the nylon bushing and put the torx bolt back and tighten. Do the opposite side the same way. Reinstall everything in reverse order and your seat will stay up. I had to grind one small flat spot on each washer I installed to clear the bracket stamping, this way the washer will be flush on the torx bolt when you put it back in its bracket and tighten it. You'll probably have to take the torx bolt to the hardware store to find the flat washers that will fit the shank. I got a big junk drawer at home and found 2.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts