Nissan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 X-trail Xtreme and i've noticed that when i lock my doors with my fob I don't get the horn "chirp" that all the other cars have. Is there a way to activate it or is it just --something it doesn't have?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Dunno specifically about Exxies, but on most Nissans if you hold down the lock and unlock buttons on the fob at the same time, it toggles the Answer Back on or off. There's usually also a menu item for it on cars with vehicle settings in the gauge cluster.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I bought mine new in 2005 and it never did it(I don't think this was available)
Locking flashes twice, unlocking flashes once

My lexus has that option of beeping that i hate, but wife likes it so she s the one drives it the most.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
What is worse are the American vehicles that HONK instead of chirp.
I once ( sadly, foolishly , lost my sanity) bought a new 1995 Chevy Beretta. That car honked with the remote door lock fob.
And i recall neighbors/co-workers with fords, chevys, chryslers that also do the honking.
Who the heck wants to park their car/truck/van at midnite or 2 am , remote lock it and hear a train locomotive size HONK!!!!...lol.
opps i forgot my pack of smokes , i better go back and unlock my car and HONK-HONK!!!...piss off the neighbors sleeping.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Dunno specifically about Exxies, but on most Nissans if you hold down the lock and unlock buttons on the fob at the same time, it toggles the Answer Back on or off. There's usually also a menu item for it on cars with vehicle settings in the gauge cluster.
but on most Nissans if you hold down the lock and unlock buttons on the fob at the same time, it toggles the Answer Back on or off.
:( i was hoping you would say a large free pizza appears.
Stoopid cheap Nissan.
I bet Honda or Toyota gives you a pizza . With extra cheese.
Ford , GM and ChryslerDaimlerStallantisFiatWhatever just gives you a dead battery.

·
Registered
39 Posts
but on most Nissans if you hold down the lock and unlock buttons on the fob at the same time, it toggles the Answer Back on or off.
:( i was hoping you would say a large free pizza appears.
Stoopid cheap Nissan.
I bet Honda or Toyota gives you a pizza . With extra cheese.
Ford , GM and ChryslerDaimlerStallantisFiatWhatever just gives you a dead battery.
But don't forget that the XTrail T30 has the special antitheft "feature" that makes your car totally protected from being stolen when the temperature is below 0C or so because the doors are frozen shut so not even you can "steal" your own car. :):mad:

·
Registered
791 Posts
You just need the special anti-anti-theft system corrector. ;) :LOL:

View attachment 8109
hmmmpffffff......that last winter , 2-3 years ago, i was stuck in my Xtrail for over 30 minutes as my friggin doors were frozen shut and would not unlatch. It was ridiculous. I had to lean my driver's seat all the way back and crawl backwards to the rear seat. Then force the rear door open so i could get out.
And it wasn't even that cold. Noon time and maybe zero celcius/heavy snow fall.
I was just pissed . Honestly considered if i should of torched my Xtrail right then and there. But it is my only vehicle, a very busy Broadway street lined with businesses, cars and buses , 3 lanes each way. . Oh, and i did not feel like getting arrested and my car insurance voided.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts