Nissan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First car started to idle rough, got the code and put a used ignition coil on which fixed it. When replaced them I kept the old ones. Have not had the a/c off in many months in Florida. A few weeks ago if gas was slightly above 1/4 tank if you hit the throttle it would bog down like no fuel. Put a new fuel pump on. Then the car started to idle rough between 250rpm to about 600rpm and would put in neutral when stopped at a light. Check engine light came on P0133 which is bank 1 upstream o2 sensor. Replaced it and also put new spark plugs in. Erased code and did a relearn on ECM. The car still idles like it did before. I put a new Hitachi throttle body on 2 years ago. Could someone please give some help on what the problem could be. I have a feeling the check engine light will come on again showing P0133 like it has the other times. My old 02 sensor was a new Nissan when I changed it it had a white powder on it. I am lost.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only problem with the car is the idle. When you accelerate the car runs very smooth. You can go 10mph at a consistent speed, you can go 80mph at a consistent speed you can floor it and it has a lot of power and just goes and the engine is smooth. It's not running lean anymore. My throttle body came with an IAC when I bought it. Then again code P0133 bank 1 o2 sensor slow response. I took a video with my phone but the file is too big to upload

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Took my car to the Nissan and had a diagnostics run on it. It's the air intake manifold gasket. They also recommend replacing the "0" rings where the injectors go into the head. The gasket cost $19.99 and I already have some new "0" rings and will replace both. The diagnostics cost $96 and is money well spent. Get my gasket in the morning and then will do the repair. I can do it in around 3.5 hours if I don't stop but will take my time and do it in 4 to 5 hours. Will let you know more after test drive. Makes sense since the car has a lot of pickup and power it just acts like it runs lean and my next move was to rebuild the injectors. I usually takes longer to scrape and clean the old gasket area than it does to take it apart.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.