Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I am new to the site and would like to say Hello. Now for my first question.

I have a 2006 Pathfinder SE and have 41,000 miles on it. Right at about 40,000 miles I started hearing a humming noise while excellarating (almost like a loose metal shield). The noise was only heard between 20 and 30 mph. Since the noise started I have had new brakes and rotors put on, all the underbody metal shields checked, and yesterday the Nissan dealer said the problem was I needed new tires and a frontend alignment. So I got the tires and the alignment.

Well first thing this morning I am driving and the noise is still there. It only seems to happen when the pathy has been sitting for a while. Anyone have any advice. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
First off I am new to the site and would like to say Hello. Now for my first question.

I have a 2006 Pathfinder SE and have 41,000 miles on it. Right at about 40,000 miles I started hearing a humming noise while excellarating (almost like a loose metal shield). The noise was only heard between 20 and 30 mph. Since the noise started I have had new brakes and rotors put on, all the underbody metal shields checked, and yesterday the Nissan dealer said the problem was I needed new tires and a frontend alignment. So I got the tires and the alignment.

Well first thing this morning I am driving and the noise is still there. It only seems to happen when the pathy has been sitting for a while. Anyone have any advice. Thanks in advance.
Sounds like the newly enfamous timing chain cover. After a while the chain will run on the timing chain cover. Ask them to look into that as it's definitely an issue with the 05's and some 06's. I do believe there is a bulletin on that issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like the newly enfamous timing chain cover. After a while the chain will run on the timing chain cover. Ask them to look into that as it's definitely an issue with the 05's and some 06's. I do believe there is a bulletin on that issue.
Thanks, I will mention it to them thanks. They want to replace the the bearings and I think they said the U-Joint. I am sure they will try to just keep replacing parts until the noise goes away or I am broke.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Thanks, I will mention it to them thanks. They want to replace the the bearings and I think they said the U-Joint. I am sure they will try to just keep replacing parts until the noise goes away or I am broke.
Why replace the U-joint? If they need replacing, then you'd probably feel a clunking and bad vibrations.

Seems like this shop is trying to suck your wallet dry. If they suggest it is this or that, ask why and how that would make that sound and or feel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why replace the U-joint? If they need replacing, then you'd probably feel a clunking and bad vibrations.

Seems like this shop is trying to suck your wallet dry. If they suggest it is this or that, ask why and how that would make that sound and or feel.
This is the dealership where I bought the vehicle. I spoke with my sales person since my wife also leased a vehicle through them and her lease is up in 3 months. The sales person is going to speak with the service manager. I let the sales person know I was not happy with the way this has been handled.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts