Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am looking at getting a 2005 X Trail XE AWD 4AT. Price is $5995 Canadian, 5 speed manual, 290500kms. I know that is one pile of kilometres, especially in 3-4 years, however what does everyone think?

Obviously with that many kilometres the price can come down, but how reliable a vehicle is it, how good is the transmission over time etc?

Any idea how much it would cost to run or things to look out for?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Adam

·
XTRAIL-HOLIC
2,228 Posts
WOW, I have never seen an exy with so many kms on the clock, not even the 2001 models we have here in Australia. How did the owner manage to clock-up so many kms in 3 years!! I reckon the asking price matches the kms, so if it's still running OK, have it checked by a mechanic and go for it, cause you're buying a piece of history LOL :)

·
X-Trail Moderator
902 Posts
I am absoultely dumbfounded :jawdrop:

Am I reading this right? two-hundred-ninety-thousand-five-hundred kilometers???

I am sure Nissan would be happy to hear about the longevity performance of this QR25DE after its initial mishaps in 2002-2004.

Anyway, just my two cents, I would shop around to find an after market X-Trail having less clicks, for sure.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Don't think many here are in a position to answer you as that vehicle has many more kms than most of ours (My '05 is at 69,000).
$6,000 isn't a lot of money really but I don't think I'd pull the trigger with "kilometerage" that high. You have to think it's almost all highway but still.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts