Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Have a 05 SE 2WD that all of a sudden has became very hard to start. I have no codes showing. Have to floor it and crank it for roughly 15 seconds each time - even after it warms up - any suggestions?

Thanks

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
2006 Pathfinder LE, 2003 Frontier SVE
9,869 Posts
The failing crank position sensor or failing cam position sensor (there are two) can cause this on these vehicles and they don't always trigger a code. But with what you are describing, I would perform a fuel pressure test and fuel pressure leakdown test, as a failing fuel pump can be the problem.

·
Registered
2003 Nissan frontier XE D22
41 Posts
Change fuel filter and check fuel pressure at fuel injector rail should be 32-34psi. Maybe the fuel pump is too old and worn out. Try changing all the spark plugs?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Change fuel filter and check fuel pressure at fuel injector rail should be 32-34psi. Maybe the fuel pump is too old and worn out. Try changing all the spark plugs?
Thank you. I thought it may be plug related but didn't think about the fuel pump going out. I just replaced fuel pump on my 86 Z as it completely died w/o warning :)

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
2006 Pathfinder LE, 2003 Frontier SVE
9,869 Posts
Fuel pressure on an 05...which has the VQ40DE engine....is 51 PSI and there is no serviceable fuel filter, as it is part of the fuel pump module. You need a special "T" adapter that fits between the fuel rail and hose on the driver's side and you need a special fuel line disconnect tool to fit in between the fuel line and rail, such as Lisle # 39210. If you spray some carb cleaner into the engine and the engine fires on it, that would be an indication that the issue is a fuel delivery problem. If it doesn't, the check for spark.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts