Nissan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently purchased a 2005 Pathfinder, the new model, and I am curious if any of you own one? I am also curious as to your experiences with the new Pathfinder?
I previously owned the 2000 version and I enjoyed the handling and performance. Thanks in advance for your feed back.

·
Registered
12 Posts
pices312 said:
I have recently purchased a 2005 Pathfinder, the new model, and I am curious if any of you own one? I am also curious as to your experiences with the new Pathfinder?
I previously owned the 2000 version and I enjoyed the handling and performance. Thanks in advance for your feed back.
I've had mine for three weeks now and I really like it. I have the LE 4x4 and the bells and whistles are too numerous to name. A very comfortable ride with room for the whole family and some additional friends. The real test was when I took it up to the local mountains in an absolute blizzard and it performed flawlessly on some treacherous roads. It's the best vehicle in the snow that I've ever driven.

And it looks great.

-JJ

·
Registered
10 Posts
aaxemen said:
I've had mine for three weeks now and I really like it. I have the LE 4x4 and the bells and whistles are too numerous to name. A very comfortable ride with room for the whole family and some additional friends. The real test was when I took it up to the local mountains in an absolute blizzard and it performed flawlessly on some treacherous roads. It's the best vehicle in the snow that I've ever driven.

And it looks great.

-JJ
Just bought my Wife the new '05 Pathfinder and we both love it! I have owned a 1997 Maxima for 5 years and can truly say that this is the best car that I have ever owned. This also led us to purchase the Pathfinder.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm a new Pathfinder owner. I purchased mine about 3 weeks ago, and now have nearly 900 miles on it. It's an LE 4x4, loaded with everything except the video entertainment system.

It's my first Pathfinder, but my 3rd Nissan, having owned a Maxima in the past, and a Infiniti G35 Coupe currently. The new PF replaced a Toyota 4Runner as my primary "Winter mule." But no snow here yet so far.

There are quite a few new '05 Pathy owners here on this Forum. Read back a few pages through the back-dated threads and you'll see a number of 2005 PF threads already going.

Most new owners seem to be very satisfied so far. I know I am. :thumbup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the posts. I am a long time Nissan fan. I started with a '90 300ZX followed by 4 maximas, and a 2000 Pathy. My last Nissan before the '05 Pathfinder was the '03 350Z.
I waited 9 months for that car and got a vin of 137. I really enjoyed the Zcar until the feathering started. I must say I was really disappointed in Nissan's "fix" so I traded the Z for a 2004 TL.
I found that I needed something more substantial to drive so the Pathfinder comes into the picture and out goes the TL.
My wife and I now have a 2004 Maxima and the '05 Pathfinder .
I most likely will be replacing the base radio with an Alpine set-up before too long.
I don't care much for the BOSE or "blose" as many have called it.
Thanks again

·
Registered
10 Posts
pices312 said:
Thanks for the posts. I am a long time Nissan fan. I started with a '90 300ZX followed by 4 maximas, and a 2000 Pathy. My last Nissan before the '05 Pathfinder was the '03 350Z.
I waited 9 months for that car and got a vin of 137. I really enjoyed the Zcar until the feathering started. I must say I was really disappointed in Nissan's "fix" so I traded the Z for a 2004 TL.
I found that I needed something more substantial to drive so the Pathfinder comes into the picture and out goes the TL.
My wife and I now have a 2004 Maxima and the '05 Pathfinder .
I most likely will be replacing the base radio with an Alpine set-up before too long.
I don't care much for the BOSE or "blose" as many have called it.
Thanks again
I went with the less expensive SE radio and plan on replacing it with a nav/radio. The dealer really rips people on the extras. Once Katzkins adds the '05 Pathfinder to the list I would say you can do leather for under 1,000 easily.

·
Registered
45 Posts
pices312 said:
...I don't care much for the BOSE or "blose" as many have called it. Thanks again
My G35 Coupe has the "Blose" stereo. I'm not impressed with it, and I would say it definitely deserves that nickname. But for the record, the Bose in my Pathfinder sounds MUCH better than the one in my G, and that nickname is underserved to me in the PF.

I don't consider myself an audiophile, so I can't say for sure what the difference is. Maybe it's speaker layout, maybe wattage, maybe the simple addition of a Midrange tone control, or perhaps some other improved specs. I just know it has a much cleaner, richer, and more balanced sound than what I get in the G.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I just got mine on Sunday... Storm Grey LE, Graphite Leather, loaded, DVD, Nav...etc... It had no front tow hook so I just ordered one from a dealer in Texas for $21.00...

So far I love it.... We had some snow over the weekend and the dealer gave me another LE to play with until they located the truck I wanted. It was great fun. The HDC works well...

My wife had a 1992 Sentra that we sold to my father and it now has almost 200,000 miles.......with no major issues at all.....

I replaced the factory clutch @ 118,000 miles and the rear shoes @ 152,000...

It still has the factory muffler!!! (and this car spent 4 years in Maine)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Are people seeing these '05 Pathfinders on the road? I've had mine for four weeks now and I still haven't seen another one on the road. I live in Southern California so there is no shortage of cars on the road, but none like mine yet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
'05 Pathfinder

I have seen only a couple of the 2005 Patfinders on the road so far. I like the fact that there are so few around it makes us special. I felt that way when I had one of the first 350Z's on Long Island. Now the Zcars are much more abundant and some what less special.

·
Registered
430 Posts
My wife got one on the 3rd. A lightening silver LE 4X4. It drives very well in the snow. She was kind of scared of such a big vehicle at first, but now she likes it a lot. Only problem so far was a bent heat shield around the muffler, which was bent back into place. Even the Lab likes riding in the back.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I picked up mine on Saturday the 22nd. I love it so far. Traded in a 01 Toyota Tundra. I have only seen one other on the road so far, a Red Brawn LE.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have had my Pathfinder for 9 days now and I love it! So far no problems. We also have an 04 Titan and have had no problems with it either. I have the Bose system however, I am a female so I can't tell the difference. I really like the MP3 player in it though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
NissanFamily said:
I have had my Pathfinder for 9 days now and I love it! So far no problems. We also have an 04 Titan and have had no problems with it either. I have the Bose system however, I am a female so I can't tell the difference. I really like the MP3 player in it though.
This is great to see so many people buying the new PF. I have only seen one on the road and it was white. The first thing on the list for my new PF is some very nice floor mats to keep the carpet fresh.

·
Registered
110 Posts
BlkMax said:
This is great to see so many people buying the new PF. I have only seen one on the road and it was white. The first thing on the list for my new PF is some very nice floor mats to keep the carpet fresh.
Let us know what you find. I am looking for some too.

·
Registered
58 Posts
aaxemen said:
Are people seeing these '05 Pathfinders on the road? I've had mine for four weeks now and I still haven't seen another one on the road. I live in Southern California so there is no shortage of cars on the road, but none like mine yet.

I also live in Southern, CA. I have seen 2 '05 Pathfinders on the road. I'm sure in a couple of months there will be alot more.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Emil said:
I also live in Southern, CA. I have seen 2 '05 Pathfinders on the road. I'm sure in a couple of months there will be alot more.
In addition to the auxiliary input that I added to the Bose stero (to hook up my XM Roady) I also picked up the rear cargo liner from WeatherTech and it's great. The only downside is that the little hooks for the cargo net get covered up, but that's a small price to pay for having protection back there when I'm carrying my dog or a load of stuff from Home Depot. I was surprised that they already had a liner for the 2005.

·
woo-hoo
391 Posts
aaxemen said:
I also picked up the rear cargo liner from WeatherTech and it's great. The only downside is that the little hooks for the cargo net get covered up, but that's a small price to pay for having protection back there when I'm carrying my dog or a load of stuff from Home Depot. I was surprised that they already had a liner for the 2005.
Yeah the auto makers usually work with the aftermarket companies so that they can have alot of the popular things already out at the time of launch of new vehicles... it usually is a win win situation for both companies since the availability of aftermarket products can make a sale for alot of customers.

Later,

·
Registered
69 Posts
I picked mine up Nov 19, 2004. I got an 05, Black LE with all the toys. I was getting an oil change on my wifes 04 maxima and desided to take an 05 Pathy for a test drive, and a couple of hours later I was trading in my 1996 toyota 4-runner with 140,000 miles on it and taking delivery on the Pathy :thumbup: . So far I have just about 2500 miles on it and I do enjoy it. I did have a couple of problems with both front rim seals causing the tires deflate but they were BOTH replaced, And my drivers side memory seat does not work 100% of the time. Other than that this truck rocks. We just had 20 inches of snow last sat/sun and it drove flawlessly in the stuff and I was also out on Montauk beach a couple of times and had no problems. I am pleased that I can play my I-Pod through the DVD player with some rca cables (until I-pod comes out with an interface for the stock Bose which is slated for spring 05). Gas milage is still up in the air but on road driving is great. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
aaxemen said:
I was curious about this as well. I bought a Silver Lightning SE Off-Road 4x4 about a week before Christmas, and I still feel like I must be one of the only owners in this area (Dallas). Since they came out, I bet I've seen a grand total of maybe 4 of them on the road. Must admit though, kind of nice to drive something that you don't see next to you at every stoplight.

Loving mine so far, sounds like everyone else is too.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts