Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm very close to needing a new set of tires for my Pathfinder. I am clueless of what brand to buy. I live in TN so rainy weather is about all I have to worry about. Any suggestions of what to get or what to run from?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Standard fitment over here in the uk on the pathfinders and the navara's are the Goodyear wranglers, whether you have the 17" or 16" wheels. Generally most people stick with these as they seem to give the best all round performance.

·
Nissan Technician
826 Posts
Stick with what came on your Pathfinder. They're specifically designed and manufactured for the Pathfinder!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Yokohama geolanders are nice tires. I had Pirelli scorpions on my jeep and liked them a lot. Do you go off road at all or tow? That makes a difference in what tires you should get at least with the load rating. One more thing, which model do you have and size wheel?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Stick with what came on your Pathfinder. They're specifically designed and manufactured for the Pathfinder!

bah, it's not like the PF is an exotic with custom tires hand cut. Like nobody ever switches brands?

Do a search on tirerack.com for tires in your size. Read the reviews, and look at the ratings. Since you are just worried about rain, I'd go for a performance all-season.

I went with Dueler Revo's, these are great in rain/snow.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have gone thru 2 sets of kuhmo's and they were way better in all aspects compared to the stock tires -

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have 82k on my 05 Pathy and just put the second set of tires on. The Generals that came on the truck lasted 40k, I replaced them with Continentals, and now I have moved to Firestone Destination LE's. Comparing to when the Contis were new, the Firestones feel a little better, the tread is slightly more agressive and they are rated about equal for wet traction, which is what I am most worried about.

·
Registered
422 Posts
IMO the best all around highway tire is the Michelin LTX M/S, and the best all around all terrain tire is the Bridgestone Dueler A/T REVO, which I will be purchasing next for my pathfinder...I also like the BFgoodrich Rugged Trail T/A as an in between tire, the set on my pathfinder has 80k miles on it with another 10k or so left and the set on my dads Excursion has over 120k on them...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Like Calimoxo says the General Grabbers are OK the first winter on pavement but they pick up and hold little rocks which on rough roads or even pavement can cause 'rock drilling' of the tread belts, and P-metric 4 ply rated tires don't stand up to rough gravel trails at speed. X3 for the Michelin LTX M/S, I put on a set of the 235/85R-16's in that brand as most of my offroad is back country trails with big knobby gravel and sharp ice rock so I got them for their 3 steel belts and taller profile. Here's a few pics;

The Nissan Path :: View topic - 235/85R16 winter tires and wheels

·
Registered
35 Posts
Wow I like those wheels on the pathy....how much were the set by chance? Also is ur pathy 4x4?
The truck is 4x4, Nissan doesn't sell 2x4 05+ PF's in Canada. The wheels cost $110 Canadian each from the dealership and are a heavy duty police rim type. If I mess one up this winter they are about 1/3 the cost of a stock aluminum rim locally.

Chrysler/Dodge 6x4.50 steel wheels to fit the late 90's Dakotas is a good option as well but you have to check that they will fit the PF hub size.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Ditto, on the Michelin LTX. Good traction and ride. Mine have lasted much longer then the original Bridgestones. Costco often has a $50 off on a set of 4 tires, great deal.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts