Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Has anyone tried to put a LED bulb into the reverse light? Will the LED bulb work in the 2005 and up Pathfinders being that the power consumption is a lot less than stock? Thanks

·
Registered
73 Posts
As long as the voltage is the same (which, of course, it would be), there wouldn't be any electrical problem.

I would think that you would need to be more concerned with if the different bulb type would physically fit the old-type bulb housing.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Hello,

Has anyone tried to put a LED bulb into the reverse light? Will the LED bulb work in the 2005 and up Pathfinders being that the power consumption is a lot less than stock? Thanks
I'm using 55W bulbs in my 95 Pathfinder as reverse lights. Works great! but realized later the 05+ use different type of plug in.

Power consumption shouldn't matter as the average person would have it in reverse for less than a minute.

I saw pics of an 05+ Pathfinder with work lights under the bumper. I saw them either here or nissanpath.com

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great thanks for the replies!Time to order some LED bulbs for the reverse lights.

As long as the voltage is the same (which, of course, it would be), there wouldn't be any electrical problem.

I would think that you would need to be more concerned with if the different bulb type would physically fit the old-type bulb housing.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Where are you ordering your LED's from? I'm thinking about buying a pair, but not sure where to get them. I bought some from Ebay to replace the license plate bulbs and they are VERY nice looking. I'm not sure if i'll stick with Ebay, but they seem to have the best deals. Let me know where you are buying some as I may buy me some as well.

Have you replaced your interior lights with the LED's? If so, where did you get them from?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will be ordering mines from ebay as well, I have my eyes on a set that claims to have 2 watts of light output. I have attached a link below for your reference. I have not changed my interior lights but I am trying to change the license plate lights for awhile now but cant get the stupid shocks off the interior panel on the glass hatch. No one in this forum seems to have a clear answer on how to get access to the license plate lights. How did u get the shocks off the glass hatch? that is my last step to take apart the interior panel. Pls let me know and if you have some pics that would be even better! Good luck!

eBay Motors: SMD HID WHITE LED GM FORD CHRYSLER JEEP T15 912 921 928 (item 370100710429 end time Nov-19-08 15:14:51 PST)

Where are you ordering your LED's from? I'm thinking about buying a pair, but not sure where to get them. I bought some from Ebay to replace the license plate bulbs and they are VERY nice looking. I'm not sure if i'll stick with Ebay, but they seem to have the best deals. Let me know where you are buying some as I may buy me some as well.

Have you replaced your interior lights with the LED's? If so, where did you get them from?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I took out the nut that was inside the handle you use to close the door and pried the back hatch off with a flat head screw driver from what I can remember. Once all the side parts are loose you have to push up toward the glass to release the whole assembly. Give that a try. It's been a while since I took it off. If you still can't seem to get it, I will take mine off sometime soon and try to take notes on exactly what I did.

I think I may buy some of those lights tonight.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I also took that nut out but there are a couple of more nuts behind the first aid kit as well. You dont remember taking off the gas shocks for the glass hatch?

I took out the nut that was inside the handle you use to close the door and pried the back hatch off with a flat head screw driver from what I can remember. Once all the side parts are loose you have to push up toward the glass to release the whole assembly. Give that a try. It's been a while since I took it off. If you still can't seem to get it, I will take mine off sometime soon and try to take notes on exactly what I did.

I think I may buy some of those lights tonight.

·
Registered
88 Posts
No, you don't have to take the shock off. Make sure the glass it up and the back panel should slide up towards the opening once all the nuts are taken off and all the clips are loose.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts