Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

For those that have a HID plug and play kit, I was wondering where you guys mounted the ballast for 05 and up pathfinders. And does anyone know if our stock wiring harness for the 9007 bulbs is capable of handling the initial ignition of the ballast being that it can double up to 70 watts before cooling down to 35watts. If so, would a wire harness kit that is directly connected to the battery help take some of the stress off the stock headlight harness. Thanks so much in advance.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im using my stock halogens for now but will be ordering the aftermarket projectors with halo's soon. Where should I mount the ballasts?

Do you have the aftermarket headlights with the projection lens in them or are you using the HID Kit with your stock headlights?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Not sure about the mounting point for the ballasts. I haven't looked into it. I was going to order the projectors too, but it's too much of a pain in the @$$ to get the bumper off to take the headlights out. If you put the HID Kit in with the stock lights, it will cause too much glare and piss off the other drivers.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Point taken, Thats y im planning to order the projectors as well. Thanks

Not sure about the mounting point for the ballasts. I haven't looked into it. I was going to order the projectors too, but it's too much of a pain in the @$$ to get the bumper off to take the headlights out. If you put the HID Kit in with the stock lights, it will cause too much glare and piss off the other drivers.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Have you mounted the ballasts yet? If so, where did you put them? Once you get the headlights, let us know how hard/easy it was to install them. I'm almost tempted to get some, but I don't feel like or have the time to take apart the whole front end.

·
Registered
28 Posts
on my 02' pathy with hid kit ballasts i used two sided tape and mounted between the airbox and fender on the driver's side and on the passenger side, inner fender also just behind the optima.
my hid wiring harness has a separate ground and power leads and only uses the stock plug harness as a trigger for the high and low circuit.
my fog hid's though are a direct plug n play, no extra power leads.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts