Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone here with factory foglights for the R51 pathfinder ever experience a foggy residue inside the foglight lense. It doesn't seem to be moisture but instead like overheated plastic. I will be taking apart the foglight to examine it more carefully, does anyone know if its possible to take apart the foglight lense to access the insides for the R51 pathys? Thank u all so much.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone here with factory foglights for the R51 pathfinder ever experience a foggy residue inside the foglight lense. It doesn't seem to be moisture but instead like overheated plastic. I will be taking apart the foglight to examine it more carefully, does anyone know if its possible to take apart the foglight lense to access the insides for the R51 pathys? Thank u all so much.
I don't have a problem with my factory fog lights, but you should be able to take them out and clean the insides.

I'm sure you know, the only way to access the fog light housing is through the wheel well. Not sure if you have to remove the tire, but a stubby philips should work.

H11 lamps are the replacement bulbs, if you need them.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you know how many screws hold the fog lights into the bumper? I'm hoping it is just some residue in there and not melted plastic. Weird thing is my passenger side fog lights are fine with no such white residue. Do you know if they sell replacement glass lenses instead of the plastic ones? Thanks for your quick reply!

I don't have a problem with my factory fog lights, but you should be able to take them out and clean the insides.

I'm sure you know, the only way to access the fog light housing is through the wheel well. Not sure if you have to remove the tire, but a stubby philips should work.

H11 lamps are the replacement bulbs, if you need them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts