Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) Hello, everyone, I"m new....not really a car enthusiast....I just purchased a 2002 Nissan Altima 2.5S.....it's really great...but I noticed that the grills on the 2005 Altima is different....honeycomb like instead of horziontal bars.

I saw a place selling the 2005 Nissan Altima grill, and I was wondering if it was possible for me to install it on my 2002...can someone let me know? Also, is it hard to do on my own? Thanks a lot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
craigqc said:
wont fit. just look at an aftermarket grill designed for the 2002. i will be selling mine if interested or you can find other styles to choose from
ARE you sure??? The guy who's selling the grill SWEARS that it can fit....he says that a 2005 honeycomb factory grill will fit on the 2002....anyone else???
 

·
Red line chaser
Joined
·
814 Posts
shynepo3 said:
ARE you sure??? The guy who's selling the grill SWEARS that it can fit....he says that a 2005 honeycomb factory grill will fit on the 2002....anyone else???
Compare the two front ends.

Different headlights, fog lights, bumper covers, fenders, AND grilles.
An '05 Altima grill should not fit an '02 to '04 Altima. Ask the guy to send you a pic of it on an '02. Sounds like he wants a quick sale.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wickedsr20 said:
Compare the two front ends.

Different headlights, fog lights, bumper covers, fenders, AND grilles.
An '05 Altima grill should not fit an '02 to '04 Altima. Ask the guy to send you a pic of it on an '02. Sounds like he wants a quick sale.
Not that I don't believe you guys....but I wonder why he would say that, knowing that I will just return it if it doesn't fit.....has it ever been attempted by anyone?? If anyone could tell me...thanks....he has no pics btw.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
wickedsr20 said:
Compare the two front ends.

Different headlights, fog lights, bumper covers, fenders, AND grilles.
An '05 Altima grill should not fit an '02 to '04 Altima.
Exactly and a different hood as well, there is no way that the grille will fit and I'm not sure why anyone would want to change to the '05 grille.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
223 Posts
Smitty 3.5 said:
I'm not sure why anyone would want to change to the '05 grille.

Because its much better looking than the previous design.
 

·
I miss good ol' OT
Joined
·
1,716 Posts
Alti9 said:
Because its much better looking than the previous design.

Matter of opinion. Most people I've talked to say they can't stand the new grille design that Nissan has implemented fleet-wide, including the Sentra and the Maxima.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
223 Posts
Mark said:
Matter of opinion. Most people I've talked to say they can't stand the new grille design that Nissan has implemented fleet-wide, including the Sentra and the Maxima.
The new altima grille is not the same as the "fleet wide" design you are referring to (thank god). The maxima has the "tooth" design, not sure on the sentra. The altima grille closely resembles the old one , but I like the new one much better.
 

·
I miss good ol' OT
Joined
·
1,716 Posts
I'm not saying that each car has the same grille design, i'm stating that most people don't like any of them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
223 Posts
Im not crazy about any of them either. One of the aftermarket bullet grilles might be in my future.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The seller of the 2005 grille is going to attempt to see if it fits....this is a factory grill, so he says it may fit because technically, they should interchange.....he works at NISSAN dealership, and has spoken w/ the head of the NISSAN parts dept. so we'll all know once and for all...i showed him this thread, but he says it's not factory grills ONLY aftermarket, so it may fit. i will let u guys know. thanks for the answers/help.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
223 Posts
shynepo3 said:
but he says it's not factory grills ONLY aftermarket, so it may fit. i will let u guys know. thanks for the answers/help.

There you go, the guy is clueless. Why would factory interchange and not aftermarket? That doesnt make sense at all. Find someone who knows what they are talking about.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
241 Posts
shynepo3 said:
The seller of the 2005 grille is going to attempt to see if it fits....this is a factory grill, so he says it may fit because technically, they should interchange.....he works at NISSAN dealership, and has spoken w/ the head of the NISSAN parts dept. so we'll all know once and for all...i showed him this thread, but he says it's not factory grills ONLY aftermarket, so it may fit. i will let u guys know. thanks for the answers/help.
if i wanted to know if something worked i would try it myself. asking nissan what they think is like asking a stripper if you are hot. you always like their answer but you know they are feeding you BS!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
GUESS WHAT???? IT FITS!!!!!!!!!!!!........Just joking...it doesn't.....but the seller was really cool about the situation, he refunded my $$$ and everything...I was buying it on ebay....Thanks for the info, u guys saved me the hassle of having it sent to me and then shipping it back.
 

·
Crazy Canuck
Joined
·
220 Posts
craigqc said:
getting help on the boards.........free
proving nissan wrong................priceless
I'm sure Nissan knows it doesn't fit, after all they designed the car. It's the idiot dealerships that don't seem to know... :fluffy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
It's the idiot dealerships that don't seem to know
...and it seems another of these dealers has been found. Here's hoping you don't take the '02 to this dealer for service. If they don't know the grille, makes one wonder what else they don't know.

Just my .02.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top