Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife and I were in separate cars on our way to drop my car off at the shop. We were driving down the highway, I had my car's cruise set to 65, and wife was driving Pathy. I look in the mirror and she's waaaay back and falling further behind. So after I get in the truck I ask her how fast she was going and she tells me 65!?!? So, I pull out the GPS and sure enough, when cruise is set to 65, the GPS is showing 60! Next day I get in my car and on the same higway I check gps when I'm cruising at 65 and GPS tells me 65 - right on.

The Pathy is off by 8% which seems too far off allowable. Just bought it so I want to get it fixed/looked at before warranty runs out.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Same here, ours iff of by about 5mph above 55mph, but not as bad as our new Jetta. I use the GPS as our speedo if it's in the car. Next time your on the freeway or highway set it to 65 or the posted sppedlimit per the gps and see how many cars you pass. You'll be amazed at how many other cars speedos are off. German cars are the worst.

·
Registered
117 Posts
tire size speedo cable or bad guages iv seen do this same thing in my 90 HB if im doing 55 i am accualy doing 70-75 but im runnin 33x12.50's on her

·
Registered
310 Posts
How worn are your tires? Measure the depth on your spare compared to your other tires... 3% is possible from new to old tires....

·
Registered
6 Posts
tire

I thought about that when my tires were worn, i put on a new set this summer and it didn't change the speedometer. It's still the same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts