Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
slicknpunkin said:
Has any one bought a 2005 Frontier ?If so do you here the motor making noise at idle when in drive or park?
Yes, I own a 2005 Frontier. I suppose I don't fully understand your question; I can barely hear any engine noise at idle or in park--it's very quiet. There is certainly no unusual engine noise. I also have not heard any of the clattering noise at low rpm's being reported by owners of some '05 Pathfinders and Frontiers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
TAILGATE
I need to replace my tailgate handle (03 Frontier XE), can't seem to take the darn to thing to parts. Anyone has imstructions? (Simple ones would be great...)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Engine Noise

I have a 05 Frontier 4.0L with about 43K miles. There is sometimes a ticking noise when starting cold, and then a very faint cherping noise when at idle. I have all the routine maintenance performed at Nissan every 5K miles... I suspect the cherping noise to be drive belts being dry.. but the ticking noise I don't understand being I use a factory filter?? It makes the ticking noise worse when she has been parked on a incline...
Has anyone used and had good result out of a oil additive or synthetic oil?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts