Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am purchasing a 2K5 Frontier in the next couple of weeks and need to know if it is possible to put a baby car seat in the rear seats. If not, I guess I need the CC... I just like the look of the KC better and the extra bed room. Thx.

Scott

·
Registered
37 Posts
From what I've read through the brochures and online douments, the LATCH system is only incorporated in the Crew Cab. If safety is a big concern, a Crew Cab can also have side- and curtian airbags, which isn't an option for the KC (from what my dealer told me). Safety was a concern for me personally, I even got 4x4 mainly for the VDC (That saved my butt so many times in my Armada). If it counts for anything, the bed extender adds a significant amount of bed room. I don't think it will add up to the KC length, but it will fit a 53" widescreen :cool: (as long as I can move my TV, I'm happy)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OffRoadinFrontier said:
From what I've read through the brochures and online douments, the LATCH system is only incorporated in the Crew Cab. If safety is a big concern, a Crew Cab can also have side- and curtian airbags, which isn't an option for the KC (from what my dealer told me). Safety was a concern for me personally, I even got 4x4 mainly for the VDC (That saved my butt so many times in my Armada). If it counts for anything, the bed extender adds a significant amount of bed room. I don't think it will add up to the KC length, but it will fit a 53" widescreen :cool: (as long as I can move my TV, I'm happy)
Yeah, I just checked one out at my local dealer and there's no way a car seat will fit in the back. Looks like it's gonna be the CC. I would like the airbags, but they are a bitch to find in my area. Not sure why, but I've only seen one here in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. I did take a test drive... nice truck. Much more power than my Mazda DS 3.0L... thanks for the info.

·
Registered
168 Posts
BNKrust said:
Yeah, I just checked one out at my local dealer and there's no way a car seat will fit in the back. Looks like it's gonna be the CC. I would like the airbags, but they are a bitch to find in my area. Not sure why, but I've only seen one here in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. I did take a test drive... nice truck. Much more power than my Mazda DS 3.0L... thanks for the info.
I have the King Cab LE, and it has the side curtain air bags. Not really enough room for a child seat, so if that is a deal-killer you'll need to go with the CC. It's a nice truck, but I absolutely had to have the 6' bed so I went with the KC. It has pretty good room in the back, but not even in the same league as the CC. See pics at my web site below.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts