·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 Nissan Frontier Nismo Crewcab
4.0 liter 265 horse//285 torque

15 // 22
city highway

for a mid-sized truck! isnt that too much gas??? plus!! with the gas pricesi n orange county! -_-

how much does the Nissan Titan run per gallon?

·
Registered
168 Posts
05_NISMO_FRONTIER said:
2005 Nissan Frontier Nismo Crewcab
4.0 liter 265 horse//285 torque

15 // 22
city highway

for a mid-sized truck! isnt that too much gas??? plus!! with the gas pricesi n orange county! -_-

how much does the Nissan Titan run per gallon?
From my own experience and reports I've seen from other owners, the Frontier gets eceptionally good mileage for its class. I average a documented 18.2 MPG combined, and almost 22 MPG highway. That's better than the Tacoma V-6, and the Frontier does it on 87-octane while the Taco requires premium.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My frontier is a nismo 4x4 kingcab with 4000 miles on it, and for a "real" comparison, my best hwy mileage has been about 16, at 70-75 mph. In the city I get 14.5 driving like jeff gordon. The titan I had was a se 4x4 king cab got 15 hwy(the best it got), and 13-14 in the city. Either way not much diffrence in my opinion, Id rather still have my titan, but the pos was falling apart after only 14000 miles

·
Registered
1 Posts
2005 Frontier SE CC Auto

My results to date:

odometer miles/gal
1658 18.25
1941 18.33
2156 18.48
2459 20.26 highway trip
2721 19.27

It looks to get better with each tank.

I have to admit that I have a pretty light foot even though the power is tempting at times.

My first post. Bought my truck in Jan. Love it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just put the second tank of gas in my SE CC 4x2 auto trans. I got 17.8 MPG for the first one, but I don't think the dealership filled it up all the way for some reason. It read full, but it only got 260 miles on the tank. I was a little worried about mileage as I drive 20 miles to work with half being highway. On the last fill up, I was able to go 344 miles before the light came on. I got 20.6 MPG driving the same route/conditions. Much happier with that. Looks like my gas light comes on with 4-5 gallons in the tank still, but doesn't really matter as I can figure out how far I can drive base on the 21 gallon tank and average mileage. :waving:

·
Registered
330 Posts
This is interesting. I just filled up. 22.1 mpg on my latest tank! I have 1485 miles on my Frontier SE V6 (6 speed). :thumbup:

Oh! And; I have been putting my foot into it a little more, too. :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
AGR said:
This is interesting. I just filled up. 22.1 mpg on my latest tank! I have 1485 miles on my Frontier SE V6 (6 speed). :thumbup:

Oh! And; I have been putting my foot into it a little more, too. :)
damn...i've never gotten more than 17.96 mpg and that was highway on the first fill up (well more than half highway)

every other tank has been less than 17. is there a problem? i dont think i have a lead foot by any means. i even tend to start too slow off the line. 1800 miles on it so far. i hope it gets better.

·
Obsessed…
653 Posts
surfermsd said:
what is the differnce in tire sizes from the NISMO compared to the other models
XE = 235/75-15
NISMO = 265/75-16
SE = 265/70-16
LE = 265/65-17

I read somewhere that the NISMO tire is the equivilent to a 32x10.5-16, so it's probably the tallest tire in the bunch, it also comes stock with a lower ratio rear end. I'm guessing that if you ran the three models side by side at 60 mph, the NISMO would probably be turing the most RPMs and the LE the least. This would explain (with the exception of those with the manual transmission) why the LE see the best MPG and the NISMO sees the worse, especially in the 4X4 models.

·
Obsessed…
653 Posts
James said:
is that calculated or taken off the trip computer?
I've wondered if that makes a difference, being as the computer is giving average MPG. For a while I was resetting the MPG reading after every fill-up and never saw much over 16.8 MPG. I have not reset the MPG reading for the last three fill-ups, and it's reading 17.1 MPG. I've never actually calculated it to see the actual, I should do that on my next fill-up.

·
in^3,N20,RPM,PSI
4,652 Posts
05 NISMO 4X4 said:
I've wondered if that makes a difference, being as the computer is giving average MPG. For a while I was resetting the MPG reading after every fill-up and never saw much over 16.8 MPG. I have not reset the MPG reading for the last three fill-ups, and it's reading 17.1 MPG. I've never actually calculated it to see the actual, I should do that on my next fill-up.
The trip computer on my I35 is extremely optimistic. Actual is usually 10-20% less.

·
Registered
234 Posts
05 NISMO 4X4 said:
XE = 235/75-15
NISMO = 265/75-16
SE = 265/70-16
LE = 265/65-17

I read somewhere that the NISMO tire is the equivilent to a 32x10.5-16, so it's probably the tallest tire in the bunch, it also comes stock with a lower ratio rear end. I'm guessing that if you ran the three models side by side at 60 mph, the NISMO would probably be turing the most RPMs and the LE the least. This would explain (with the exception of those with the manual transmission) why the LE see the best MPG and the NISMO sees the worse, especially in the 4X4 models.
Actually, My SE CC 6-spd has the same rear end as a KC Nismo (6-spd) and if I remember right it is THE lowest rear end ratio of the bunch.

And I'm still averaging 19.5mpg for over 5500 miles (mostly back roads and I get on it at least twice each way to and from work...) Best tank was 21 (all highway) worst is still 17.3 or something (all city, wife driving).

·
Obsessed…
653 Posts
mainerunr said:
Actually, My SE CC 6-spd has the same rear end as a KC Nismo (6-spd) and if I remember right it is THE lowest rear end ratio of the bunch.

And I'm still averaging 19.5mpg for over 5500 miles (mostly back roads and I get on it at least twice each way to and from work...) Best tank was 21 (all highway) worst is still 17.3 or something (all city, wife driving).
Alas, this is why I commented on the exception to the manual transmission equiped models in my last comment! The manual seems to make quite a bit of difference! You are getting some great mileage, and if I recall correctly, you do have the 4X4 correct?

·
Registered
332 Posts
The titan gets worse than the frontier, I can assure you

·
Registered
332 Posts
My average is about 15.4....but Im 18 years old, so I dont think I count :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts