Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No crank/No Start. Battery fully charged, brand new alternator (they said my other was bad), starter tested and good. I hear only one click when I try to turn on but no crank, all lights, radio even A/C works with key in ignition. Also, cannot even turn on truck even with booster cables. Wires look good, terminals connected solid with no corrosion, fuses in interior look good. 326k miles... starter relay? How can I test? I have no mechanical skills unfortunately.

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
6,360 Posts
Please state if vehicle A/T or M/T. When trying to start engine, measure the small wire for 12 V on the starter solenoid. If you have 12 V, then the starter solenoid is bad. If there is no 12 V, then depending if you have an A/T or M/T a relay or switch is bad.

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
9,504 Posts
I hope it isn't, but it "could" be that the engine is locked up. Try putting a socket and long ratchet on the engine and see if you can turn the crank. If it doesn't, disconnect the battery, remove the spark plugs and try to turn it manually, again. I've seen engine locks up with coolant due to bad head gaskets as well as fuel due to an injector being stuck open.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts