Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi could anyone tell me where the handbrake adjustment is please.The lever is coming up a fir bit prior to it doing anything..:)

Thanks.

·
Registered
172 Posts
It is actually a rear disk/drum combination. There are small cable activated brake shoes inside the assembly that control the handbrake.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well Andy As XTRAIL said they little brake shoes in side the disc/drum. Maybe you should take your car to repair shop for saftey

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an x trail 2.2dci 2004, the hand brake dosent hold very well at all, when it is on the car can still "rock" is this normal and is there an inexpensive fix?

Cheers Gily

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have an x trail 2.2dci 2004, the hand brake dosent hold very well at all, when it is on the car can still "rock" is this normal and is there an inexpensive fix?

Cheers Gily
Over the past few years, my x Trail has only just managed to pass the annual MOT test on handbrake, despite new shoes and cable adjustment.
The x trail handbrake is not one of their finer pieces of engineering.
If you are still having problems after new shoes and proper adjustment, then have the cable checked for stretch. At 7 years old it could be past it's best.
Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts