Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Banned
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, wassup guys i have this dude i work with who drives a civic si and is always talking trash about sentras and what not, today after work we agreed to go for a race, i drive a 96 sentra gxe right now(auto) while he has stick, we went from the light and i jumped on him for about 1/2 to 1 second, then he smoked me.... but he thinks his stock si can beat a spec v.........I am going to buy a spec v, but i want to know before hand wheter i can smoke his ass(i know i can) but by how much???

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hmmm... I've never raced a new one head to head, but my impression when I drove the Spec V was that my Si was faster (stock for stock). That's just a guess though. The Spec V would probably be faster than the Si if you weren't forced to shift so low in the RPMs.

·
Towards Antisocial
592 Posts
is it a b-series SI or the new one with the hatchback. I'd be carefull man, don't give that schmuck any more fuel for the fire. He obviously doesn't know what the deal is when it comes to Nissan Power (that you got to spend a G on aftermarket parts to get some LOL J/K).

J

·
0 Posts
no contest

my friend owns a 2000 si w/ cai and a full exaust system and my 03' spec v stock whooped that ass last night all night long.:D

V

·
0 Posts
A couple things to remember:

1. When I bought my 02 SpecV in June the SI cost a LOT more and they would not deal on them. I bought my SpecV for less than 17G brand new and that included shipping but not the taxes which we all pay. The Honda dealer was marking up the 2 door SI over sticker.

2. You can take the money and put it into the Spec for mods.

3. The SpecV is a 4 door so your insurance will probably be less. The insurance on my SpecV is costing me about the same as a Civic EX four door. Granted I am probably older than most of you but the 4 door is a factor.

4. Finally lets hope the paint is better on the Honda

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Maybe it's just a combination of cost and economy because todays newer cars are all within the ball park of each other (power-wise anyway). I really don't understand why that beautiful spec V should even be considering a close battle with an SI. Back in late 1999 when the SI was the hottest talk on the street, I used to drive around on the highway searching for one just to test it. I found a blue one with his muffler and intake and stuff and I figured here we go. We started in 3rd gear and that was the last time he was close to me. I did this hunt for few more weeks with similar if not better results and I concluded that my 1987 nissan sentra with a CA18DE (125hp) can handle an SI (165hp) with no problems. An SE-R should be able to put the smackdown on this car because in my experiences of racing both SE-R's and civic SI's, I was able to beat the SI easier that the Se-r. I see the Spec V waxing an SI. No hate on the SI, but I don't think a spec should have a problem..

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've raced a 99 civic Si. I have a 92 Ser with a jdm sr20de and i smoked the shit out of him. I've raced a spec V and we were fender to fender. You should be able to take him. Good Luck

·
Registered
15 Posts
You might have to shift sooner out of first but you have more low rpm torque so you should take his ass right off the line and stay that way .

·
Registered
90 Posts
depending on the mods the SI is a quick car. a female racer friend of mine has a 2000 SI, w.a.i. ,axle back, short shifter c.m. stage 3 clutch. and header . her boyfrfiend who i work with has a 99 prelude c.a.i header, cat back, aem pulleys, nx 75 shot. hell myy wife drives a 00 civic lx c.a.i. header, axle back,//// damn i gots to find some more nissans to hang with.. anyway i test drove a spec v against the si it wasnt close but it wasnt a complete blow out i think with the same mods on the sentra would help a lot more.
As i write this post i realize everyone i know and race with drives a honda or toyota, or mitsu. i have the only nissan .that sucks

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
As i write this post i realize everyone i know and race with drives a honda or toyota, or mitsu. i have the only nissan .that sucks
No, you should see yourself as an outcast that was dared to be different and you chose to be and you are. Nissan builds wonderful cars, but todays kids are stuck on the hype of the other car companies you mentioned and didn't do their history homework on nissan. Their loss, your gain. Hell, I went to the hang out last night and seen so many beautiful cars that put my woman's nissan to shame. But I was cocky enough to blurt out loud and say "I don't see any other 4 cylinder out here smoking this car" enough said;)

·
Registered
86 Posts
I raced a 2000 si and smoked him. All he had was a performance mufler. It wasn't even a contest.

·
Registered
30 Posts
im gonna say something simple and may be mean..but ya who THINK the SI faster or WILL GIVE the spec-v a race....go back to ur si and dont even bother to speak...ya jsut speakin BS now with mods thats different verus a stock spec-v...si's are jsut simply slow....a classic se-r can beat it...now a race would be a classic vs spec-v anyhow...spec-v will beat the si

·
Registered
90 Posts
true as it may be i dont have a turbo or nitrous like you. i have a lot of respect for your car and the time and money it must have taken to get where it is today. if i hadnt spent the money on fiberglass and a front clip i could have been well on my way to a motor swap like yours but mym wife was convinced that it need to have appearance first. oh well it shut her up for now. btw i showed my prelude driving friend the vid with you and the s2000 after the initial shock he just said there was no way . deep down i think he believes what he saw.

Z

·
0 Posts
Stock to stock, a Spec V *should* beat an Si. The Spec V traps higher in the 1/4 mile, generally. If you get the jump on an Si, chances are he'll never get it back. FWIW, the Spec V is also faster than every previous SE-R - stock to stock of course.

·
Registered
115 Posts
gEE805 said:
im gonna say something simple and may be mean..but ya who THINK the SI faster or WILL GIVE the spec-v a race....go back to ur si and dont even bother to speak...ya jsut speakin BS now with mods thats different verus a stock spec-v...si's are jsut simply slow....a classic se-r can beat it...now a race would be a classic vs spec-v anyhow...spec-v will beat the si

Yep, you're absolutly right... I shouldn't talk. I should just go back to my Si and not even both to speak. I apparently know nothing about SE-R's or Si's. Heck, it's common knowldge that all Nissans are the king of the world and are the only good cars made. Nothing else is worthy or deserves respect. Everything else is slower. You are the king of knowledge, I will defer to your profound judgement in all things Si vs. SE-R related.

:rolleyes:

·
0 Posts
si vs. Spec V is a drivers race. that's it....Spec V has more torque but you can't forget that it weighs more then the Si. The Si also redlines higher requiring less shifting....it all comes to whomever is a better driver and all of you kno that..and no hating on Si's or Hondas....<-----honda Feind herre...

1 - 20 of 93 Posts