Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:newbie:
Hello fellow enthusiasts, I'm new to the site and just got my 1st nissan, I've always wanted a sentra SE-R and a week ago I got one.

It's an 2002, 73k miles, silver in awesome shape.

I took it to the Massachusetts state inspection and it failed emmisions because of the OBDII codes and the light on the dash. :lame:

It has codes P0455 & P1488

P0455 - EVAP large leak detected
P1448 - EVAP Canister Vent Control valve

Also, when I take a turn, or get on/off an exit in the highway, the fuel gauge goes down about a quarter of a tank, can this be related?

I've read some postings online and I've heard everyone saying it's the gas cap, but I've also read other postings saying they replaced teh gas cap 1 or 2 times and had nothing happen. I saw another posting about this same problem with the same codes searching about my own codes on google, anybody have any advice or suggestions on what I can do?

Your response will be highly appreciated !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not the gas cap

I am having the same problem with my 2005. It is probably the Vent Control Valve. I just started doing the research on this issue and is seems to be pretty big. I already replaced my gas cap and it didn't fix the problem. I am also getting awful gas milage. :waving:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts