Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The fan does not appear to be turning on when I turn on the heat. It was working fine up until a week ago. When I move the dial to cold, and turn on any level of fan speed, I hear a humming sound. If i push the A/C button, I hear what appears to be a fan turning on, but no air is being pushed out.

If I turn the dial to HEAT, and nothing else... nothing happens.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
57 Posts
check the blower motor, take it out of the housing and make sure it turns on but be careful of your fingers if you take it all the way out, and be sure to check the connection to the motor

·
Registered
57 Posts
yeah im sorry i cant help you more but its hard to tell whats wrong without seeing it, oh and if you want to check the motor to see if its the panel just find out which leads are positive and negative and hook it up to a 12v source

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The blower motor works, but something doesn't make contact with it all the time. So we ordered a new one.

Thanks for all your help. Sorry I couldn't be more specific. If I learn the exact details I will post them so it can help others in the future.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
your fan relay in the switch is bad. usually, they go in full speed mode so there is still air blowing, like speed 4. Maybe yours is entirely gone. I would find that relay, its usually near the blower motor housing. its like a harness plug on it, 2 screws and it comes out. I replaced mine on the 2000 frontier. it was a mexican part. the new one was made in Japan! go figure!

Look up courtesy parts.com and find the part location and #.

Chris

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
^ your talking about the blower resister... usually when they go out only the high speed works, if it doest work at all, its usually the blower switch... usually anyway... are you getting power to the motor ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts