Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my sensor recalls done, as well as an ECM replacement, at 47,000 miles...it's been two weeks since then and now my service engine soon light has come on...I checked the gas cap, and it was on good and tight...I know that it will most likely take a code reader to tell me what it is, but I figured that you fine people would maybe have some in-sight on what could becausing the problem...any info would be greatly appreciated..thanks :waving: :wtf: :banhump: :balls:

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
get the code read first...then I'll check the code in the FSM and it can be worked out from there.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just had that happen to me

And my code came up as P0455 which is the Evaporative Emission Control System Leak Detected (Gross Leak). What could make that suddenly appear and is it something that may end up being real serious if I don't take care of it?

·
8,328 Posts
your code is the gas cap code. give it a few days and it should go away (tighten the cap until it clicks)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thank you.....I will see what happens and if it still comes on I will ask for more adivce

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
got the code read today at auto zone.....it was P0430..cat system below threshold ( bank 2 )....what does this mean...GO GATORS!!!...hey by the way...I live in titusville...small world

·
8,328 Posts
well I'll be in Satellite Beach next sunday until I don't know when. I'll check the FSM later when I get home and get the exact explanation of the code for you man.

·
Registered
2 Posts
yea i got a 2001 gxe and my service engine light has come on twice, once the dealership fixed it, then it came on again but went off a day later (prolly gas cap) but now its back on again

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mine got solved thanks a lot chim

·
Registered
21 Posts
chimmike said:
your code is the gas cap code. give it a few days and it should go away (tighten the cap until it clicks)
Does anyone have the gas cap code for a 2003 Nissan Sentra? I looked in the Wal-Mart manual but it only goes up to 2000 and it seems to change each year. I wasn't aware there was so many designs.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just curious, what gas are you using. All of my issues started when I used reg-unlead. I am going back super to see if the problems go away.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had a 1441 code?

I recently got a 1441 code on a 2001 Sentra. What does it mean?

I assume a FSM is a Service Manual? Where is a good and cheap place to get one?

I'm in Canada

·
8,328 Posts
that is also an evap leak code...check your gas cap just in case............otherwise it might be something more serious.

·
Registered
13 Posts
goatty9 said:
I recently got a 1441 code on a 2001 Sentra. What does it mean?

I assume a FSM is a Service Manual? Where is a good and cheap place to get one?

I'm in Canada
Here is the error code list of items it could be.

P1441--EVAP system has a very small leak.

EVAP system does not operate properly.
 Incorrect fuel tank vacuum relief valve.
 Incorrect fuel filler cap used.
 Fuel filler cap remains open or fails to close
 Foreign matter caught in fuel filler cap.
 Leak is in line between intake manifold and
EVAP canister purge volume control solenoid
valve.
 Foreign matter caught in EVAP canister vent
control valve.
 EVAP canister or fuel tank leaks.
 EVAP purge line (Pipe and rubber tube) leaks.
 EVAP purge line rubber tube bent.
 Blocked or bent rubber tube to EVAP control system
pressure sensor.
 Loose or disconnected rubber tube.
 EVAP canister vent control valve and the circuit.
 EVAP canister purge volume control valve and
the circuit
 EVAP canister purge volume control solenoid
valve
 Absolute pressure sensor
 O-ring of EVAP canister vent control valve is
missing or damaged.
 Water separator
 EVAP canister saturated with water
 EVAP control system pressure sensor
 Refueling control valve
 ORVR system leaks
 Fuel level sensor and the circuit

Hope this, Bill

·
Registered
25 Posts
I found a Nissan help site that says it is a VC/V Bypass/V

Is this true?

What do I do to fix the problem?

What does the emissions warranty cover?

·
Registered
25 Posts
goatty9 said:
I found a Nissan help site that says it is a VC/V Bypass/V

Is this true?

What do I do to fix the problem?

What does the emissions warranty cover?

I went to a Nissan dealer and a mechenique told me it is likely three things
1. rust around the filler neck (common)
2. gas cap
3. evaporator pressure release valve...

I went to an emmisions centre and tested the cap---good
then I cleaned the filler neck ..light still on
Next i will change the valve ...I'm get back to you wiht my results

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sentra2704 said:
And my code came up as P0455 which is the Evaporative Emission Control System Leak Detected (Gross Leak). What could make that suddenly appear and is it something that may end up being real serious if I don't take care of it?
I have the same code... I replaced the gas cap and still have that SES light. Should i go have the code read again?

thanks
Joel
vastdesign.com

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I have a Sentra 2001 and one day the SES light lights up, so I went to the Nissan dealer and to scan the code. He came back to me with a 825$ estimate, so I was surprise to spend money again, because since last year I put around 1200$ in repair (O2 sensor, air flow sensor, bypass valve...) Before to give them the ok to repair it, I decided to do some research on the net and that is how I found your site and as I can see other people are having the same problem with their Sentra. To make a short story, they wanted to replace:

- Vent control Valve: #14935-5M00A
- Canistor: #14950-0M219
- Filler neck: # 17221-5M001
- Gas cap: #17251-79961

The dealer told me that they detected a small leak (Filler neck & Gas cap) and a big leak (Vent control valve and Canistor). So during the week-end, I took a look at the filler neck and I found rust around the neck, so I removed all the rust and I clean the gas cap too. Then I tried to locate the vent control valve and the canistor and I think I found them under the car, behind the rear wheel. In this place, I found only parts with electrical wires, one looks as a sensor the the other one was mounted on the canistor. So I tried to take it out, but the two bolts broke. I was not able to take the valve off the canistor, so I decided to leave the way it is.

Does anyone can confirm if I tried to remove the right part, because I did not see any part number on the part that I tried to remove? Do I have also to change the canistor or just the valve?

Thanks

1 - 20 of 20 Posts