Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings All,

I am not a car guy by any means, but I have a question that I would like to get an answer to without paying a dealer diagnostic fee.

There is no longer a chime when my headlights are left on, and if the door is open and the key is in the igition. My first instinct is a fuse. I can't seem to find an answer via google.

Thanks,
Mark

·
Registered
121 Posts
Go to autozone the can check your car for you ask them pull the code form it anyways but if you dont have an ses light on I dont know if they will find anything chimmike probably knows just wait for him to answer which shouldnt be to long

·
See Below
278 Posts
My sister's car had the same problem. It was her door switch, then again the dome light did not come on either. The fuse is a good place to look first, then check out the chime itself, they are a self contained unit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i would check the fuses , it should be a red 10amp fuse.

on a side note:

CHRIS/SR/SE

would you know where the chime is? i cant stand that "soft tone" on my 2003 gxe and have a nice small buzzer to replace it with. and i looked throught the dealer manual and could not find it anywhere.(those damn books are junk, nothing like a honda/acura helms manual that shows everything)

i figure it is behind the fuse block but not sure.. if your able to clarify its location that would help alot...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I finally got around to checking the fuses and none of them were bad...

I checked the obvious ones, then ended up checking the 10, 15, and 20's...even the ones under the hood...

Where IS the chime itself?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
doubletek said:
Well, I finally got around to checking the fuses and none of them were bad...

I checked the obvious ones, then ended up checking the 10, 15, and 20's...even the ones under the hood...

Where IS the chime itself?

Thanks!
bump for more help

i 2nd this request. from what i can tell just by sticking my huge head under the dash, it sounds like its coming from behind the fuse box. this is done by placing a small book in that direction and hearing the sound change. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
cxSHOE said:
bump for more help

i 2nd this request. from what i can tell just by sticking my huge head under the dash, it sounds like its coming from behind the fuse box. this is done by placing a small book in that direction and hearing the sound change. :thumbup:

need to get rid of that whimpy chime. thanks for any help on its location

1 - 7 of 7 Posts