Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 2002 Nissan Sentra. The rear Defogger is not working. I have confirmed continuity is intact all the way from the rear ground to the brown relay. When I press the defogger button the light comes on, and the blue relay clicks (this is the side mirror one).
The brown relay seems to be getting relay power (as in, it activates), but not defrosting power. By this I mean It gets power from the button to activate, but not power to send to the defogger.

I have replaced the brown rear defogger relay, the blue side mirrors relay, and the two 20amp fuses.

I traced the 20amp power wires from the defogger relay to a wiring harness just below the fuse box, and there doesn't seem to be power coming from there.

Can you please advise what to check/replace next?

·
Registered
3 Posts
You probably have this fixed by now but since I just joined and wish to help VERIFY where the power is by using a volt meter. Your statement "there doesn't seem" leaves questions here. Power is either there or not. My defogger didn't work when I got my Sentra and the issue was a poor contact where the wire attached to the fogger grid on the back window. Hope this helps you, or someone else.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts