Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car has a 2.5L w/ 5-spd and my simple question is: can you pull the motor and trans out of the car together from the top. what all is involved with doing it.

If I can't pull out the engine and trans together, can I pull the engine out of the car with the transmission still in the car. Is there enough room in the engine compartment to do it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
yes you can. get an engine hoist. unhook the wire harness, remove airbox connection, radiator hose, bolt the chains up, unbolt tranny from bell housing, unbolt motor mount remove hood and lift that fu**er out....

then while you're at it have and sr20det from an avenir with tranny on hand weld new motor mounts in place and slap that bad boy in there, then ditch that piece of sh*t open deck qr.

the five speed sr20 tranny should bolt right into the tranny mount of the qr from what my guys at cerritos nissan tells me.

I'm currently building a block for this project.

·
Registered
3 Posts
***********************************************************************************************************************
btw........when removing motor from tranny this way be careful when pulling out cuz you got to slip it off that little chingus coming off the tranny.......

if you can get the motor mount bracket completely off on the timing side, yank the engine in that direction first then crank up the motor.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the reply. I did pull it out already but figured it would drop tranny also and pull it that way. again thanks everyone for the replies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts