Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have an 02 se-r and its acting very funny. the ses light is not on at any time. I started noticing a couple weeks ago that at high rpm's the engine sounded like air was escaping from somewhere and there was a power loss and a little jerking. well the last few days under a load the car would cut out for a second or so. its aggravating me i cant see any leaks or nothing. i appreciate any info, thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no mods and the car has 100,000 on it and the engine has about 42,000. idk about the recallsive only had the car for 3 months

·
Registered
790 Posts
no mods and the car has 100,000 on it and the engine has about 42,000. idk about the recallsive only had the car for 3 months
You can call up a dealer with ur VIN and see if your recalls have been done. The "newest" one is concerning the pre-mature failure of the Crank Positioning Sensor.

You should really get a header and loctite ur butterfly screws

Info: QR25DE Precat and Butterfly Screw FAQ - MSV

·
Registered
790 Posts
power loss has been associated with both pre-cat failure and the CPS failure

harder to judge w/o codes IMO

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well let me ask you this: lately shen it sits for a few hours its hard to start and when it finally does start a puff of smoke comes out the tailpipe and it smells rich as hell

·
Registered
844 Posts
first off like saint said, i'd take it to the dealer and have all the recalls performed. the 2.5's are known for their head gasket issues also, so that wouldn't surprise me either.
without the smoke, i'd say look into the CPS, but it's definitely possible you have more than one issue here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i just had the head gasket blow out on my car last night its already in the shop but have you tried cleaning the mass air flow sensor? when that starts to go out it sounds like the engine is blowing air out instead of sucking air in ..you might wanna check that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts