Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, all. N00b to the forum, here.
I've got an '02 PF SE, and a stack of questions.

First, I'm curious what's directly behind the left side panel of the console stack. (Think, that vertical part the driver's knee rests against.) Next, of course, is "how do I remove and reinstall that piece?"

Second, the climate control fan makes a terrible whirring noise when the fan is at low speed. I should hear air moving, but instead I've got motor noise. Anyone dealt with this yet? And how do I get to the fan?

Third, my stereo seems possessed. Once in a while (it's kind of rare, admittedly), the volume goes to the max without my ever having touched the knob or the steering wheel controls. And the CD player (6-cd changer) skips badly, even when I'm not moving. This unit has been replaced once under warranty, but the problems still exist. Simple question: why? Next question: how can I fix this?

Fourth: the power window on the driver's side needs some adjustment periodically. When raising the window, it makes its full path and then retreats as if it has pinched something. Typically my dealer does this adjustment for me, but I'm at the point where warranty is long-expired and it's time to learn to do this myself. So, how to?

Less importantly, I'd like to remove the "stick" antenna and replace it with a powered antenna. Anyone done it? Is it a big deal to do?

I love my PF, and I'm in need of answers. Thank you!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Best source I know of for removing panels and such is a Hayne's manual. They cost about $20, but are worth it. You'll have to look for the one for Nissan pickups, which also includes the Pathfinder (it will say this on the cover). I got mine at Autozone.

As for the antenna question, I've been wondering the same thing. Let me know if you get an answer.

Also, I have some other info I can pass on to you. Email me at [email protected]

Panzer

1 - 4 of 4 Posts