Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I have searched hi and low for a thread on electrical problems and I can not find anything, maybe there are not many of these problems, if I missed it and there is sorry for the inconvenience.

I have a few problems. 1st off the steering wheel controls to the stereo will not work and on top of that I can not eject the CD's from the in-dash disc changer.

2nd If it is not driven daily the battery gets drained dead and it wont start, I put a new battery in it and cleaned the terminals and thought it was a bad battery and it did it again on the second battery, I checked the alternator at a NAPA and they tested it fine.

After my girlfriend bought this Pathfinder she drove it for year and had none of these problems, then they started all of the sudden. I have checked all fuses and they are all fine as well.

This is very frustrating and help would be appreciated before I take it in to the dealership to have them run a diagnostic and charge me a large chunk of change that I could spend on parts!!!!

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
I would check your grounds, do an amp test to see where there is a draw from while the vehicle is sitting (not running).

steering controls you may have dirty contacts on the column, the stereo, which cause the draw, may be going bad. is it still the factory radio or aftermarket? you may just break down and replace it. do you have a pwr antenna?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts