Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So the trusted Pathfinder I sold to my son has sprung a coolant leak. The vehicle has 243K miles on it, so it's due to have a few things break. But I don't know enough about the vehicle to hazard a guess as to what I'm looking for. We've got the car up on ramps, and the coolant appears to be dripping from above the transmission somewhere. Manual is on order, but I thought I'd post a query here for you wise folks.

hopefully this image is clear, I highlighted where the leak is. Seems to be above the transmission pan?

crap - seems I don't have enough posts to include a link. Moderators - whats the point of this limit?

Well, if you reply to my message, I'll PM you a link to where you can see the picture. Thnx

·
Registered
24 Posts
On my SO’s ‘06 Pathfinder, the coolant hose (mounted to the firewall) sprung a leak, going across the engine to the place where the hose enters the passenger compartment to go to the heater core.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was watching for something like this. With the engine hot, I went through the engine compartment carefully. This leak seems to be above the bell housing of the transmission as it comes off the back of the engine. I'm thinking transmission cooler / warmer, but I have no idea where it is. Manual on order. Maybe soon I can post a picture.

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
6,157 Posts
nope, still no joy.
To post pictures on your threads, subscribe to an image hosting service that allows you to upload images to the hosting website. Upon uploading one or more images, the image hosting service will then show the different types of codes that you can use in your posting to allow others to view that image. Subscribe to an image hosting service like "hosturimages.com". If you have a smart phone, logon to the hosting service web site and download your pictures to it. Select the pictures you want to display here on nissanforums, then copy the "BB CODE" from the hosting service and paste it here on your posting.

Here are some image hosting websites:

hosturimages.com
dropbox.com
imgur.com
flickr.com

My favorite is hosturimages.com which I use.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can also use the "Drag and Drop File Upload" feature in the "reply" area. Valid file extensions: doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt wav zip. Your attachment will show as an image thumbnail that you can click on.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll look into it, thank you for the pointer. Right now, nissanforums is eating any links I include in my post due to policy. But, maybe your route will work for me.

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
6,157 Posts
" media="(max-width: 640px)"> " media="(max-width: 960px)"> " media="(max-width: 1920px)">
You should be using the BB Code - Copy the text from the BB Code field if you want to include the image in a message on a website discussion forum that uses standard bulletin board codes (forums running phpbb, Invisionboard or VBulletin support this format of linking to images).

The BB code should look like this:

I added a "space" after
so that you can see what the entire code looks like. The "spaces" need to be removed so that the image will display Like this:

Nice and simple.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks!

well the Haynes manual arrived today. The picture I posted is from the right underside, but according to the manual there are "fluid cooler lines" on the left side of the transmission. So, this is where we will look next.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts