Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically my max has 70 k on it and the trans has been acting up for afew months. Whenever its cold it has an issue with second to third gear in that the tachometer shoots an extra 1000 rpms during the shift and then drops into gear, lately it has been rough shifting into first here and there. Problem is only when the car is cold one it is warm it shifts like a dream. People are telling me different things about what it could or couldnt be. Any input would really be awesome, I want to get it figured out before the winter.

·
Nissan Technician
826 Posts
1st, check your trans fluid level. If it's OK but dark, go to someone who does trans flushes properly...not just a drain and fill!
If the trans flush still doesn't remedy the shifting problem, then you'll MOST likely need a new trans!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok bud thanks for the tip im actually having the fluid changed tomorrow i did take it to aamco to but they bullshited me saying the fluid was dark and well its still good and they said the overdrive wasnt working and it was. anyway hopefully t hat works or my extended warrantly will have to pick up a new trans

1 - 3 of 3 Posts