Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder, can you drop in lets say a 2002 Sentra Spec -V SER motor i a 97 SE 200SX engine compartment... i want to, but i think you need tranny as well, to make sure it works perfect... if anyone knows whats up, that would be bad ass

J

·
0 Posts
hell yeah...
im in the same situation as you. I have a 97 200 sx se and im sick of how SUPER SLOW it is... I would like to do an engine swap but, i want to know what enigines are compatable and what the advantages of having it is... I would love 170-190 HP instead of my semi stock 120-130...
please, someone help

·
Registered
490 Posts
the b15 might have a larger engine bay, in which case putting in a smaller engine is fine, whereas the b14 largest engine available was the sr20.....

J

·
0 Posts
is there a place online where one can look at specs on these engines?? also possibly aproximate prices??

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
Problems with fitting a QR25DE in a B14:

1. Size - the QR is a big motor.
2. ECU - good luck :rolleyes:
3. Emissions - No fool is going to pass you at DEQ.
4. Cost - the QR isn't cheap, and the swap would be $$$$$
5. Availibility - they're not easy to find either

Save yourself the trouble - get an SR20DE-T with more power and a stock turbo. It's an easy swap, not very expensive, and has been documented many times. Aftermarket parts availibility is huge and the DE-T has been known to reach huge HP numbers on stock internals.

·
Registered
125 Posts
if I am not mistaken because of the spec v motors design it takes alittle less room than the sr20de even though the displacement is more. I remeber reading something like that in one of sportcompact mags when they took a look at the new qr25 months ago. I will try see what issue that was get let ya guys know the truth about it. Anyways just get a DET!

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
From what I've read, the engine is larger, but because of different construction, it weighs less than the SR20. Nonetheless, it's a pointless swap.

·
Team Serious
2,132 Posts
samo said:
Problems with fitting a QR25DE in a B14:

1. Size - the QR is a big motor.
2. ECU - good luck :rolleyes:
3. Emissions - No fool is going to pass you at DEQ.
4. Cost - the QR isn't cheap, and the swap would be $$$$$
5. Availibility - they're not easy to find either

Save yourself the trouble - get an SR20DE-T with more power and a stock turbo. It's an easy swap, not very expensive, and has been documented many times. Aftermarket parts availibility is huge and the DE-T has been known to reach huge HP numbers on stock internals.

would it be a easy swap for my 99 se-l automatic?

and what do you consider not very expensive?

·
Registered
70 Posts
You can buy a QR25DE on ebay motors. If your interrested check out SCC in one of the last issues. They want to use the crank and some internals of a QR25DE in a SR20DE. They claim this setup is feasable and would outperform any SR20.

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
selrider99 said:

would it be a easy swap for my 99 se-l automatic?

and what do you consider not very expensive?
You can get a Bluebird front clip for somewhere around $3500-$4000. Of course, you might want to switch to manual which is more money. If not, you don't need a new tranny, which saves you money. Also, having the SR20 motor to begin with makes for a MUCH easier swap. If I were you, I'd talk to 1CLNB14 - a member of his team recently did the BB DE-T swap in a formerly GA16 200SX with great results. I saw it run 13.6 at Woodburn a little while ago.

·
Team Serious
2,132 Posts
samo said:

You can get a Bluebird front clip for somewhere around $3500-$4000. Of course, you might want to switch to manual which is more money. If not, you don't need a new tranny, which saves you money. Also, having the SR20 motor to begin with makes for a MUCH easier swap. If I were you, I'd talk to 1CLNB14 - a member of his team recently did the BB DE-T swap in a formerly GA16 200SX with great results. I saw it run 13.6 at Woodburn a little while ago.

i have a sr20 would if have to be the whole engine or just add it from the bb

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
Well, one thing you could do is get the BB exhaust manifold, piping, and turbo, as well as bigger injectors, a better fuel pump, and a JWT ECU designed to run the turbo. You still have higher compression than the BB motor, but it'll net you a lot of power.

·
P.O.S. Truckdriver
2,070 Posts
Vrux...SCC is going to swap the crank and probably rods from a sr20de into the qr25. i odnt remember what it was about the crank...but the rods of the qr25 are thinner and more brittle. hey i know the crank and rods of the sr20 are forged.....what about in the ga16?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm sorry about the mistake. The want to swap the SR20 crank and rods into the QR25DE. The article was "Where Torque Comes From" in SCC August 2002 issue. The problem with the crank was the rod bearings on the QR were 45mm versus 48mm on the SR. There is a lot of helpful information in this article.

·
Cone Dodger
3,093 Posts
qr25

the qr 25 is a new thinner cylinder wall engine but with a 2.5l displacement, the overall size is the same as the sr20, but the intake manifold and exhaust and tranny sets it apart, it might be possible to cram a qr25 to the b14, but like what was mentioned, a whole lot of cash...........

T

·
0 Posts
Even if a QR25DE could fit in a B14, it would not be worth the effort. Just swap with a SR20DE from a B14 or import a DET. The SR20DE from the B14 and B15 are different, and from what I heard, the B14 one has better "mod potential".

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry to bring up an old post but I was giving this some thought as well. The benefits of a QR25DE is that they are more readily available and not to mention can be made smog legal. The current gen Altima's uses this engine as well and there are 3 trannies to hook up with it. The Spec's 6 speed, the Altima's 5 speed and auto. I've been giving this swap serious thought after driving a friend's Spec V. That thing has gobs of torque and it's moving 2750 lbs. It's a dream to think of having that motor in a B14 200sx SE. Especially when the car weighs 400 lbs less than a Spec V. Of course this swap needs a lot of parts but then again so does a GA --> SR swap. I'm assuming the same parts are needed such as motor, tranny, ECU, axles, and possibly custom mounts and various others. No need to pay for an imported engine and thus I think this will be a viable swap option for GA owners in the future. Once it's been done by someone of course.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts