Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I also posted this in trucks/suv. I did search but did not find answer. Rear passenger door will not open. automatic lock "trying" to unlock it but still locked. Child lock not on. Will not open from inside either. Is this problem subject of recall?
Can I take door panel off without removing the rear seat? Does the rear seat come out as one unit, or do I have to take the backrest off first?

·
Registered
98 Posts
should be able to get door panel off without taking out back seat. screws on "armrest" and plastic trim "rivets" all the way around sides and bottom of door. ( you can buy one of those trim remover things at your local auto parts store for about $5. most likely a mechanical prob.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got panel off, but had to take out back seat. couldn't find anything mech wrong. Took truck to nissan. the actuator is bad. they said they had never heard of that before. Worse, they said they would have to "break" door lock to change out actuator. they don't even have the parts, the problem is so rare. $450 to repair. I called Nissan corp and waiting to hear from rep as to whether they will pay for it. Truck out of warranty, but this thing should not have failed (so says svc tech)...we'll see.

·
Registered
98 Posts
bummer! good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts