Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Friends of ours...
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Raced a brand new 350z from a dead stop, this past Friday. No plates, so it had to be less than a month old.

Keeping the story short, dead heat from 0-90. I might even have been able to take it if I shifted manually. Dissapointed in the Z, thought it would smoke me.

It was a silver automatic, and gorgeous! I love my Altima, but of course I'd rather have the Z. :D

V

·
0 Posts
Brang the Altima in for some items on Friday. My Dad picked me up but before we left he drove the new Z. It was that copper color. We are both 6'4 and we were jammed in there. The Altima has more room. Anyway I was impressed all around with it. The price is right on the money I think. Damn IS300 is more expensive. Which one would you have?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Re: OhTwo vs a 350z

OhTwoAltimaSE said:
I'll move this after you 3rd gen'rs have a chance to read....

Raced a brand new 350z from a dead stop, this past Friday. No plates, so it had to be less than a month old.

Keeping the story short, dead heat from 0-90. I might even have been able to take it if I shifted manually. Dissapointed in the Z, thought it would smoke me.

It was a silver automatic, and gorgeous! I love my Altima, but of course I'd rather have the Z. :D
This sort of bears out what the reports say about the Z.

Cheers...

·
Registered
268 Posts
Nice!! Exactly what I said after test driving it....Did not feel any more powerful...Now it is confirmed.

Good job OH2!!! They do look purdy though:D

·
Registered
38 Posts
That's kind of disappointing that the Z is no faster than some of the four door cars in the Nissan family. Such a beautiful car.

Of course, I'm not going to complain too much. It gives all of us bragging rights. "What? The new Z? Oh, yeah, they're nice, but my Altima can hang with them." :D

1,267 Posts
Runnin' Scared said:
That's kind of disappointing that the Z is no faster than some of the four door cars in the Nissan family. Such a beautiful car.

Of course, I'm not going to complain too much. It gives all of us bragging rights. "What? The new Z? Oh, yeah, they're nice, but my Altima can hang with them." :D
It would be a very bad idea to assume the altima is going to be able to hang with all the new Z's. First of all, it was an auto right? And not even broken in? yeah...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Adam said:
It would be a very bad idea to assume the altima is going to be able to hang with all the new Z's. First of all, it was an auto right? And not even broken in? yeah...
I was just kiddin' about that. I don't expect my altima to keep up with a 350z, but I don't think that the power is too impressive in the z. Don't get me wrong, I love the car, but it wasn't designed solely for accelerating. Look at its roots, the original 240z. One of my favorite cars, but not known for its power.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Yeah, with the muscle the manufacturers are putting into
their "4 door family haulers," you'd think Nissan would bump
the hp in the 350z to a level that really separates it from
the rest of the line up. However, I do realize their's more
to a sports car than 1/4 speeds. But look at Chevy, they were
able to make the Corvette stand head and shoulds above the
Malibu with speed AND manuverablity.

·
Registered
268 Posts
JBL85 said:
Greddy has the twin turbo kit out.

I makes me sad that it needs it:(

·
Registered
81 Posts
wild willy said:
I makes me sad that it needs it:(
Well... I am sure you wont be sad after driving it, you will be looking for some toilet paper to clean the seats :p

If the TT Z32 was running 14s flat, imagine with the Z33 will run with 2 turbos. Probably in the 12 second range.

T

·
0 Posts
Coco said:
Finally saw a G35 coupe this weekend...my gawd, they look really clean!
I saw a red g35 coupe today! and damn it's a beautiful car! I would take one of them over a 350z anyday!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Haha, I would take either one any day.

The 350 is soooo damn beautiful as well, there was a Blue, Black and Silver one at the dealership today.

The G35 Coupe is just as good looking IMO, I have only seen a silver one though.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts