Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some adult leadership. I recently purchased a 2002 pathfinder and it has a check engine light. The code is P1145, I changed the intake valve timing solenoid and the camshaft sensor today and I still have the fault. The truck does have an exhaust leak, not sure if that could be a contributing factor. If anyone has any experience with this fault code, could you help a newbie out and let me know what my next steps should be. Thanks for your help in advance.

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
6,231 Posts
The P1145 code can be caused by the following:

* - Harness or connectors (Intake valve timing control position sensor circuit is open or shorted).
* - Intake valve timing control position sensor (there are two of them; one for each bank).
* - Crankshaft position sensor (REF)
* - Crankshaft position sensor (POS)
* - Camshaft position sensor (PHASE)

You've got five sensors to deal with. It's best to get a copy of the FSM for your vehicle so that you can more intelligently perform the proper diagnostic debug procedures. You can get a PDF copy of the FSM from: https://ownersmanuals2.com/make/nissan/pathfinder-2002-4201
Section - EC is the one you need to read.

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
9,409 Posts
Another thing that can cause it is low or dirty oil or low oil pressure. If it's one of the parts that is causing it, it is usually a crap shoot as to whether it is one of the sensors or the actuator. I've found more faulty actuators than sensors in my experience, however.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you the service manual will be a great help, will fill you in as I move forward. Currently waiting on parts from Rock Auto to arrive.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This code is fixed, I didnt realize there were 2 cam position sensors. I had changed the wrong sensor, I changed the one on the front the engine when I needed to change the one on top. Thanks for everyone's input it is greatly appreciated

1 - 8 of 8 Posts