Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The factory remote start on my 2001 Sentra SE stopped working for some reason, now it just blinks ten times really fast when I press the remote button. I also noticed that when I raise the hood, the lights blink twice now. I've made sure the doors and hood are closed properly, but to no avail.
Any possible reasons for this?
Many thanks in advance,
Brendan

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
There is no factory remote start on any B15 sentra.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
chimmike said:
There is no factory remote start on any B15 sentra.
I just bought the car and assumed the remote start was "factory" since the buttons are right on the key. Essentially a remote transmitter with a key sticking out of it!
Brendan

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
get a pic of it? highly likely it's just an aftermarket alarm someone installed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
chimmike said:
get a pic of it? highly likely it's just an aftermarket alarm someone installed.
I can't add attachements!? If you really want to see it, provide an email address and I'll send it to you.
I'm really not sure what it is. There's a blinking LED on the dash too, but I'm not sure how the "alarm" works (fake?). There's only 3 buttons on the transmitter/key: lock/unlock doors, start, and release trunk.
Maybe it just needs to be re-programmed or something, but I find it strange that it worked fine up until a few days ago, then just stopped.
Brendan

·