Nissan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy is reconsidering his original idea of getting the Spec-V and now wants to get the 2001 SE because it has the SR20 which is a more reliable and more buildable engine and he was wondering which company makes the best intake, exhaust, and header that will give him the biggest power increase. Any help would be great! Thanks! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sentra 2001

thanx guys..... he is picking up his 2002 silver spec-v tommorrow he decided to go with that one instead. Now i drive a 97 SE-R do all the parts fit that car too?? i havent heard that much about the AEM CAI???
 
T

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
I'm sure there are a lot more parts available for your 97 SR20 than the 01 SR20.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
672 Posts
i would think that they should fit, shouldnt they? didnt nissan just carry over the sr20 from the b14s into that specific b15 without any changes? at least what i heard i think
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
ccroaddog said:
My buddy is reconsidering his original idea of getting the Spec-V and now wants to get the 2001 SE because it has the SR20 which is a more reliable and more buildable engine and he was wondering which company makes the best intake, exhaust, and header that will give him the biggest power increase. Any help would be great! Thanks! :)

quick question:
2001 se has a sr20 right, well what does a 2002 se-r have.
also what is the difference between the 2 thanks
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
162 Posts
2001 se has a sr20 right, well what does a 2002 se-r have

B15 Sentra SE comes with the SR20DE (Roller Rocker Version)

B15 Sentra GXE/XE both come with the QG18DE engine.

B15 Spec-V & SER both come with the QR25DE engine.

The generations are specified as follows:

B11 - 1982-1986
B12 - 1987-1990
B13 - 1991-1994
B14 - 1995-1999
B15 - 2000+

I would suggest going here for additional info on the different models. Click Here
Another Link
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Re: 2001 se has a sr20 right, well what does a 2002 se-r have

KSipmann said:
B15 Sentra SE comes with the SR20DE (Roller Rocker Motor)

B15 Sentra GXE/XE both come with the QG18DE engine.

B15 Spec-V & SER both come with the QR25DE engine.

The generations are specified as follows:

B11 - 1982-1986
B12 - 1987-1990
B13 - 1991-1994
B14 - 1995-1999
B15 - 2000+

I would suggest going here for additional info on the different models. Click Here

well doesn't the se-r/spec v qr25de have more hp and torque.
i don't get why anyone would want to get the sr20de over the other. oh yeah thanks but i already know about the generations:)
 

·
thatoneguywiththatonecar
Joined
·
127 Posts
Re: Re: 2001 se has a sr20 right, well what does a 2002 se-r have

Blood206 said:



well doesn't the se-r/spec v qr25de have more hp and torque.
i don't get why anyone would want to get the sr20de over the other.
The sr20 has been around a long time and is capable of pushing out over 300 hp on stock internals! The qr25 is a brand new engine that has yet to be fully put through the ringer! Yes the qr25 puts out more hp stock then the sr20, but the sr has more capability!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
162 Posts
well doesn't the se-r/spec v qr25de have more hp and torque.

If you know so much about them, why are you asking questions. haha...no seriously though. The Spec-V does have slightly more power at 175hp (claimed), where as the SE-R has 165hp (claimed). Thank Nissan for the detuning of the base SE-R. Those gains can be made up quickly and pretty easily.

Trance is correct. The SR20DE has been proven in both normally aspirated form and in turbo form time and time again to be a truly awsome performing engine. Nissan developed it for racing purposes. That engine is insainly strong and even in stock form it can handle huge amounts of power with minimal prep. The QR25DE is a new engine. It's got a big job of trying to replace the SR20DE's legacy. So far its anyones guess. It's got alot of positive sides, but more negative ones when you compare it to the SR20DE.

Who knows if it'll ever be able to fill the SR20's shoes. Only time will tell....:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Re: Re: 2001 se has a sr20 right, well what does a 2002 se-r have

trance34 said:


The sr20 has been around a long time and is capable of pushing out over 300 hp on stock internals! The qr25 is a brand new engine that has yet to be fully put through the ringer! Yes the qr25 puts out more hp stock then the sr20, but the sr has more capability!
thank you:)
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top