Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No sound. I bought a pioneer DEH-P8400MP from a friend for 175.00 (great deal and I am determined to get it working). Unit worked in friends car when taken out. Bought a wiring harness for '95 Nissan's and up. Hooked up the wiring harness to DEH as indicated (checked and rechecked my work). No sounds. The unit comes on and I can do all the initial settings, etc. Works great, but no sound. I have found out that I need an adapter, a
Scosche SLA (speaker level adjuster). Is this what I need?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Info Required

I have a 2002 Nissan Altima, I would like to change out the factory in dash unit, and would like to put a pioneer head unit in. I dont no how to take out the old system, i dont really wana hack at it with a screwdriver and cause scrathes on the panels. Any problems I should be aware of such as the problems you are facing?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Do you still have your Bose speakers? If you do then you do need an adapter. I thought the SLA was a built in feature or at least it is on my DEH-P8600MP. I'd say check your wiring but you said you've already done that. Can you give some more details. If worse comes to worse have some store install it for you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
generation3 said:
Why don't you just replace all your speakers since you replaced the headunit?
Money, unless you want to give me some. 20 bucks for an adapter or 100+ for more speakers and rewiring. I'll stick with the adapter. It'll sound good enough until the time comes to replace the speakers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts