Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently, I have a 2001 Pathfinder, but as of a month ago the CD changer stopped working and shows a Error2 everytime I tried to use it. I believe 2 disks are stuck, but I am not sure. Have any of you guys had this problem and can you tell me what has happened and how to deal with it? I'm not sure if I should go and get it fixed as they said it would cost around $100.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I too have this problem. I had to take the changer apart to retrive the CDs. I got them out but it still gives an error if I try to use the CD player.

I hear there is a cheap-a$$ gear or something inside that strips easily will occur again if replaced with a similar gear.

Therefore can anyone suggest a replacement CD changer that will harness in with the existing headunit????

·
Registered
279 Posts
The changer in my 01 did the same thing a year ago or so. It's a proprietary system, so I don't think you will find a plugin alternative. I just replaced the whole thing with a HD radio unit which plays mp3s and Infinity speakers, huge improvement.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The only CD changer I owned would regularly get jammed up and would need to be taken apart. Them things ain't worth foolin with.

MP3 players are truly the way to go. CDs and CD cases are just another nuisance to have to keep up with, and their always getting dropped and stepped on, scratching them into uselessness.

·
Nissan Master Tech
131 Posts
take the whole unit out yourself and then send it into electronics repair company that does radios.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts