Nissan Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
2001 Pathfinder P1320, 0300 blinking SES

The 1320 code was accompanied by an 0300 code and a blinking SES on my Pathfinder. The problem was intermittent and I soon realized that I had a faulty ignition coil as both codes were related. The 0300 code wouldn't specify which coil was faulty and I have 109K on the car. Needless to say I didn't want to fork over $70 - $80 x6 to replace them all let alone even have the dealer do it. So, I hooked up the diagnostic tool again that I borrowed for free from Autozone and cleared out my codes. After that, I ran the truck again with the tool still on and drove until the SES blinked again. My persistence paid off as I got a 0305 code -- meaning it was the 5th cylinder that had the misfire.

Replacing the coil and spark plug was fairly easy and took me roughly 45 minutes (my first time doing this). A Haynes manual will explain in detail. I cleared out the codes again -- this time the light was off for good and the engine was running better than ever. If you have a little time and patience you don't have to replace all the coils at once and you will save a ton of money especially compared to having the dealer do this.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.