·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, there.
i need to replace my 2001 sentra' ECU ?
manufacture day 9/2000, manual speed,

Dealer part #23710-5m110 , computer box 's # JA56Q21 B58,
does anyone know if there is any interchangable ECU with different part #JA5??????

that would work?

Thank you so much

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

I have to replace ECU on my Nissan Sentra 2001 that has the same dealer part # 23710-5M110 , box# JA56Q21B58. Did you have any luck finding out if there is any interchangable ECU with different part #?

Thank you,

·
Registered
9 Posts
ecu

hi there people! i got a nissan sentra 2001 as well, diagnosed as broken ecu, where can i find the ecu? i checked under the drivers seat nothing is there. i checked under the handbrake console just the srs. my car is right hand drive(NZ). could you please help me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
hi there people! i got a nissan sentra 2001 as well, diagnosed as broken ecu, where can i find the ecu? i checked under the drivers seat nothing is there. i checked under the handbrake console just the srs. my car is right hand drive(NZ). could you please help me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
When you open the hood, it is on the passenger side, right in the top corner. There are a couple of screws that you first have to remove.

·
Registered
844 Posts
if it's right hand drive i wonder if it would still be on the same side? here, i did this for a guy the other day, this is where the ecu is located on my 01

·
Registered
9 Posts
how did you know your ECU is brocken? (just wondering if its the same with mine) my car is idling strange, up and down 1200rpm-1500rpm-1200rpm-1500rpm continously, they scanned it and they changed throttle plus idle control unit,(which i paid for it)nothing happens,and then diagnosed as broken ecu. is it the same with you?

·
Registered
9 Posts
i got a question, in replacing ECU.. Unplug the broken ECU and plug the new one and thats it? do we need to do something else? thanks!

·
Registered
844 Posts
it depends on if the new ecu has the same options that are on your car and a few other things. just plug it in and see if it starts :) if not, come back, lol

·
Nissan Tech
182 Posts
The Sentra ECU's that are housed in the black box are not just ECUs, but
PCM's (powertrain control module). In other words, they are both an engine and transmission
control module in one.
Later models they reverted back to the two seperate control modules.
Anywho, there are varying symptoms of this, from trouble codes stuck, oxygen sensor heater
problems, idling problems, misfires, no injector signals, no AC clutch activation, and no start to
name a few.
So to make a long story short, b15chik is right. Unfortunately, most cases the problems that arise are
misleading and usually the tech only has the option of trying a known good PCM to see if the problems
go away.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Help please

hi,
i need to replace my 2001 sentra XE ECU
1.8 lt, automatic transmission,

Dealer part #5ZE1EM , computer box 's # JA56Q51 B70 0617,
I looked every where for this part and i could'nt find it
does any one know where to buy it from?
OR does anyone know if there is any interchangable ECU with different part #JA5??????

Thank you so much

·
Registered
3 Posts
You should be looking for a dealer code that starts with 23710- or similar, not the one writen on the box. The best way to find the actual code is to call a dealer service and give them the VIN number and they will tell you the right number. A very good site through which to find used ECM-s is Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market. That's how I found mine. I

·
Registered
1 Posts
its 2009 now and this is me coming out with the same kind of problem,, i just want to see how things worked out for all of you guys ,,,,:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
2001 Nissan Setntra GXE 1.8 AT ECU Problem...also

I read your posts and would also like to know if you guys have resolved the issue. I'm on the verge of ordering a refurb ECU for $300 and if I can save the money, that would be AWESOME! Let me know if the ECU was the problem. Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
K, I just had this issue where the service engine light wouldn't go off, my regular mechanic told me they got rid of one code, the other was a dealer code. Basically the dealer said I had an automatic's cpu in my manual car and would need a manual cpu/ecu. So, I got one and did the switch this morning, no ses light on anymore!!! I'm very happy! If anyone's lookin for an automatic ECU, i'll sell it, $130.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a general question about the ECU unit. I think I need a new one and I wonder where people are reading the numbers from.

I removed the entire black plastic case from the space in the engine compartment and opened up the case and inside is a metal box but I don't see any numbers on it. Are the numbers on the black plastic case?

Also, when you get a new one does it come in the whole black case or do you just get the box inside? I think I may have found one at an auto salvage but I don't know the numbers.

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here's my story,

A few months back my 2001 sentra gxe 1.8 L started acting sluggish in the mornings, hot, warm or cold outside. It would seem like it was going to stall and so I would step on it and it would get going fine and wouldn't happen the rest of the day. Then it started to happen more frequently and then it didn't happen at all.

Then one day on the tollway it did it all the time and I barely made it off onto side streets. I would press the gas and it's like I didn't even do anything, it would bog down. I got it home and figured it was a fuel pump but the pump seemed fine. Then we thought it was a fuel pressure regulator because the pressure seemed a bit high so we replaced that.

Then I cleaned the Mass airflow sensor with a spray cleaner and it seemed like that helped. I drove it around the block and it got up to speed slowly but if you stepped on it it wouldn't even know you did anything. so then we thought throttle position sensor and I cleaned that. In the meantime I got a OBD to USB cable and some software and checked the data. It crashed the program and it wouldn't send all data, just some. The cable and program worked fine on my other car. So I think pretty much it's an ECM. I just need to know what to get and how to replace it.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 35 Posts