Nissan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We purchased a 2001 Nissan Pathfinder in 2005. It had about 50,000 miles on it. It is 2022 now, as I write this. I am about to (within 30 miles) turn over to 200,000! This has been hands down, no doubt about it, the BEST car I have ever had! The engine and transmission have never given me any problems. None. I had to replace the radiator, but after 20 years, it's to be expected. The leather seats are ripped to shreds (California sun and heat) in spite of seat covers. I would keep this car forever, but the odometer screen is glitching, making it hard to see the mileage. I can deal with the chips in the paint, dings, broken CD player, ripped seats, and the fact that one of the back windows just recently stopped working. I only drive 4 miles to work and 4 miles home. I don't want a newer car and I don't want a car payment. This car is like a part of my family. It's the perfect size for me and I feel very safe driving it. It still gets about 13 mpg in the city and up to 20 on the highway. Including purchase price and repairs, I estimate that the total cost averages out to about $1,200 a year.

I just wanted to share how much I loved this car. I only hope that the next car can measure up to this Nissan !

·
Admin and Sup Mod keeping the peace
8,360 Posts
You're my hero:), welcome to the "forever club". It's good to see people like youself holding on and taking care of their vehicles. I generally keep my vehicles 10 to 15 years.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts