Nissan Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I will soon be the owner of a 2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4x4. I have been doing some research on lifting my Pathfinder, but the knowledge seems to be spread out. I was wandering if anyone had any advice on lifting Pathfinders.

I am a novice to off-roading but have a newfound interest after a friend took me in his Jeep. It was an absolute blast! I really want to set up my pathfinder for some off-road action but have some questions and am looking for some advice.

I know there are 2 main types of lifts, body lift kits and suspension lift kits. I don’t want to do major off-roading in my Pathfinder, but rather enjoy a few trails near my house. I’m stuck with a few questions.

If I were to body lift my Pathfinder and buy larger wheels will I gain ground clearance? My F-150 has 33s on it and it sits higher than it did with factory wheels (at least I think) with no lift. Basically, will body lifting the Pathfinder and buying larger wheels gain ground clearance?

My reason for asking is because I do not want to I affect the ride comfort of my Pathfinder for that “one time” I could use the extra ground clearance a suspension lift offers. I’ll just turn around lol. Ride comfort is by far more important to me.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.