Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 nissan altima GXE, while the car is running, I mean when i switch on the A/c i hear some noise from the hood I guess the noise is from the belts, one friend told me its from the belt and asked me to spray some wd40 which i tried, for a while it disappears and comes back while i give some gas or going over steep hill. Is it true the belts are bad. if so how much does it cost me to fix this problem.

and I have a problem with my cv axle i guess, whenever i make some turns i hear some noice from the passenger side wheel. is it the cv axle or tierods problem. please let me know how much does it cost for me to fix this too. I ll be thankful to you all if you can let me know at your earliest.

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,046 Posts
The belt may be loose; if so, it will squeal so it needs to be tightened.

Describe the noise coming from the passenger side wheel. Is it a grinding sound, a thud, a clicking sound?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much for your reply, i ll try to tighten the belt and see what happens. and about the cv axle, it sounds like cluck cluck cluck. any you tell me why, does it need some new cv axle or tie rods.? i really appreciate you for the reply.

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,046 Posts
If the CV joint boot is cracked, then it's most likely that the grease inside has dried up and dirt has also gotten in there to wear out the CV joint.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank u once again for the reply, if the cv joint is cracked, does it need replacement? How much does it cost me to get a new cv axle?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey how r u doing man? i just wanna ask u about the aircondition, sometimes it very cool, and sometimes even while the car is running, its kinda warm inside, why is it? does it need some freeon something? or anything problem? please let me know, thank you very much for the answers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts