Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a 2001 nissan sentra GXE with the 1.8liter and a 5 speed manual...

my uncle and aunt bought this car new and have taken wonderful care of it... i bought the car from then for a mere 1500 dollars (thanks! :D) the car had 130,000 miles on it..

i have had absolutely no problems outta the car.. the only thing was that it needed one new o2 sensor... no biggy. so i went outta town for 2 weeks and when i came back my car wouldnt start... after a few trys it started right up.. my dad said it prolly just lost its prime or somethin (he knows alot about cars but not much about nissans) so i went two miles down the road to the store and i was in there for about 15 minutes.. when i got back in my car it wouldnt start again (just kept turning over and over) so we towed it home, when i got it home it started right back up lol... so it does this about once every couple of weeks.. but i went outta town again for 4 days and when i got back my car wouldnt start again... i had had it.. i had my friend come over with his OBDII software... but his computer wouldnt connect... he said the only reason it wouldnt connect was if the ecm wasnt getting proper voltage, so he advised i got a new battery... so i spent 100 bucks on a new battery... started right up lol... i took it two miles down the road again and it died while i was driving it... the gauges went crazy as well... i coasted into a nearby street popped the hood and saw that the negative battery cable came off.. so i reconnected it and turned it over.. no luck .. so i check ALLLLLLL the fuses, all good... towed it home again.. me and my father started investigating the electrical system... my dad thought it was a faulty ecm.. i checked through all of my uncles service records and a dealer advised the ecm be replaced but my uncle declined (746 dollar) i called him and he said he bought one on line and had it installed at a local shop for about 100 bucks.. so i rulled that out. next i thought ignition coil... i soon figured out that theres four.. so i also ruled that out.. assuming that there was no way that all four would go bad at once and i know that if ones bad itll still start... so i pulled a core and plug and checked for spark... none... i do not no what to do AT ALL! i am giving as much info as possible, if more is needed let me know.

current replaced parts/mods lol:

ecm, spark plugs, all belts, timing chain, clutch, radiator, new ac hoses, ac recharge, battery, new cat, i also put in a cold air intake (for gas mileage, NOT performance +2mpgs for 16.99 [ebay]) im sure ive given WAY to much info but i want to give an idea of how well maintained this car is...

so if anyone can help itd be great, thank you..

email address is [email protected] (synced with my phone, always have it with me)

THANK YOU

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Is it flooding ?
Dont move the car a short distance, 25 - 50 ft, it will flood.

When it wont start try holding the gas gown to the floor and then cranking till it starts.
this cuts off the fuel to allow flooding to clear.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it flooding ?
Dont move the car a short distance, 25 - 50 ft, it will flood.

When it wont start try holding the gas gown to the floor and then cranking till it starts.
this cuts off the fuel to allow flooding to clear.
im not sure but that wouldnt explain why im not getting spark... just started it too runnin normal!! right before i take it to the mechanics it starts!!! WTH?!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts